Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
i am SO dreading that ride from TN to Milwaukee.....lol....after trailering from Dallas. Ugh

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I've got about a 38 hour round trip! Yeehaw!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
BE waiting for you! I should get in Wednesday evening, if all goes well. Joe

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just let me know where everyone is planning to meet. Is the plan is to be rolling by 9:00 AM or meeting at a specific location at 9:00 AM?
I think roll at 9am- we can either leave from your hotel parking lot or meet up across the street at the ol' Niles Inn since that is a known spot for so many.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think roll at 9am- we can either leave from your hotel parking lot or meet up across the street at the ol' Niles Inn since that is a known spot for so many.
Rolling out at 9am from the Niles Inn works for me. I will be in the front parking lot by 8:30.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
9A.M. Thursday morning at Niles Inn. I'll be there. Jeff, what route are you planning to take? Around Chicago on Tri-State or through the city on the Kennedy?

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hadn't planned a route- was content to follow, I did figure I would have my GPS and follow that in case of getting separated.
I prefer less combative traffic- especially if there's a group of us.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
JSC...waiting on Elizabeth to firm up her plans. I'm only going through TN if I need to as its out of my way but I was going to ride in with her.
I'm coming from due south so my route is still up in the air...

·
NSFW
1,982 Posts
Who is planning on meeting the Chicago riders for lunch?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Toll Roads?

How much change do I need to have on me to cover the tolls?

Is there any route that can be taken from Niles without getting on the toll roads?

·
Official MWT Pyro
256 Posts
better bring bills, chicago tolls have doubled in the past year. I might meet ya guys at niles, its on the way sorta of. I suggest taking the chi-town skyway north to milwaukee. I think thats the best route.

·
Yooper/Geek
745 Posts
It is possible to get around the bottom of the lake and through Chicago while avoiding tolls. Or just do like Kurt had me do last year, blow through the iPass lanes and log into the Illinois Tollway web site and pay the tolls afterwards. You've got 7 days to pay.

Dan Ryan and Edens to 41 are your best bets for avoiding the tolls. Not necessarily for avoiding traffic, but at least on of the crew must have a phone with Google Maps and a data plan. Just turn on the traffic layer and play it by ear. Then again, jumping off the freeway and onto the local major roads never bothered me, so your mileage may vary...

Illinois Tollway - Unpaid Tolls

If nothing else, I didn't yet get a ticket from last year's run through there. And now I no longer have that plate anyway. ;-)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts