Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I somehow got a drip stain on the INSIDE of my speedometer glass!??! Has anyone else encountered this? I thought that it was a sealed unit!? The only time the instrument cluster was touched was when I had the drag bars installed by the stealer during the 1000mi service!

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
VRODScout it is sealed but not well at all, it uses a rubber seal with a crimp on aluminum band. If your under warranty they will replace it for the stain.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Maybe this picture of a cluster I have been doing pin out test on will help.

Attachments

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep,
I am waiting for my CycleDynamics pulley to arrive so I can do the 2500 service, install the Metz 200 and pulley. I will go to dealer today so they can order or whatever the necessary stuff. Thanks as always, Max.

Mike

P.S. 220 MPH?!? Where do I get one of those speedometers?

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,
Yes, TurboTec. I believe the actually store front in Arizona is Cycle Dynamics. To tell you the truth, I am not sure where that name came from, but it came from a trusted source. I would swear it came from Kaz.
Kaz, my friend, can you shed some light?

As for my guages...Just came back from a nice, but chilly ride through northern MD and stopped by the dealer. Brian, the service mgr and a good guy by all accounts told me something a bit strange. Said he would report the claim on Monday, but he couldn't guarantee that H/D would send a new cluster! Says they, and I quote, "will sometimes not honor the warranty on a cosmetic item if they know that it is just going to happen again." I swear that is what he said! Apparently he has done this 2 times before (not sure what model of H/D) but one the MoCo swapped, one they wouldn't! Also, the have to guess-timate the mileage at time of install (up to 2 months till the dealer gets the new item) so it can be preprogrammed at the factory! Go flippin figure!

Mike

P.S. Did you know that the 12 month 100% warranty that was given to all the 2003 bikes was extended to a 24 month 100% warranty for the 2004s?!? Oh, and my 4 year extended warranty... not good for any "cosmetic" deficiencies! Damn!!!!!:tmbsdown

·
Registered
367 Posts
Warranty

Mike,
DO NOT let Brian blow smoke up your ass. He is very good at that. I don't have enough time to tell you everything that happened with us there, but I can tell you they will lie straight to your face. Check with another dealer and see what they say! If you want any info on what happened with us there, I will be happy to tell you. They are very afraid to work with anything on warranty work.. I don't know if it is ego problems or what butwatch out for them.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
John I picked it up off of eBay to do pin out test with.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
NO JOHN!
It's Cycle Dynamics is Sam and Norris shop.Sam's brother has his own little Business"The one you posted".Call for your self 1-602-242-6099 6050 N.Black Canyon Hwy.I am positive of this so don't Argue with me!:icon_twis

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Anytime my Brotha!:freak:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love harmony, It makes my scoot go faster somehow...

Mike

·
2,552 Posts
Max,

What is a pin out test?. How much did you pay for the cluster? How hard was it to open and how do yo plan to reseal it?
I am concidering getting a Eruo cluster and realibrating it and installing it on my V-Rod. Also change it to read mph.

Thank you
Frank

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Frank I have an oscilloscope and wanted to find out what data is being sent across the data bus on the cluster. Since it uses a single data line for almost everything you see on the cluster I want some idea of what is going on just for reference.

There is no recalibration to install a euro cluster simply plug it in and it will work correct. Resealing the crimp is not a problem it uses a soft aluminum band that can easily be resealed.

Max

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to put this thread to bed, the Mo/Co put a brand new gusge cluster on my bike at no charge... one goodie for the Mo/Co!
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts