Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch resevior has had a tiny bit of fluid collecting around the right side screw head. I have never seen it dripping at all...just a small collection around the screw head. I have tried swapping out screws and checking to see if the gasket is broken or pinched, etc, and the dealer put a new gasket in today to see if that will work. My question... When I got home, I noticed that he put the clutch resevior lid on backwards from the way it was on before. does it matter which way it goes on? The indentations where the screws go are slightly different...One has a deeper recesssed area for the screw. The one to the inside of the handlebars should be the one that has the deeper recess...is that correct? Is it the same on both sides? (Both to the inside?) Thanks - Crash

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Crash I have been looking for the answer but have not found it yet. I have four sets total here at the house and they all have the tall part of the lid to the inside or near the line location. When I have done mine in the past I just always made sure to put them back on the way they came off since it almost has to have a vent system built into it.

Max

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Max...I switched mine back to having the tall part to the inside. I looked through some of the members' gallery pics also and found some good closeups of mirrors which also show the resevior. It looks like the tall part is supposed to be on the inside. Thanks for your help - - Crash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts