Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Results for Final Round

CONCORD, N.C. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Pro Stock Motorcycle at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Third annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Nationals:
W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) LE Tonglet (Nitrofish Suzuki) 0.035 6.921 192.82

(L) Andrew Hines (Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 0.012 6.972 189.63

Weather conditions: air temperature 87 degrees, relative humidity 38percent, barometer 29.36 inches, adjusted altitude 3,168 feet, track temperature 112 degrees.
Hines with the starting line advantage and the lead until around 1000feet when Tonglet rides around him to take the win. LE Tonglet's MOV: 0.0281 seconds (approximately 8 feet). LE Tonglet's incremental margins (negative if behind): 60ft(-0.028), 330 ft(-0.023), 660ft(-0.011), 1,000ft(0.007). MOV: 0.0281 seconds (approximately 8 feet).

Tonglet moves to within 66 points of the Hines the point leader.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Saw it on ESPN2. This kid is on fire. Hate to see the V-Rod loose but it was a well earned win.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
that was a great race, prolly one of the most exciting runs in PSM all year.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Dammit... I missed it. Gotta set the dvr so I can catch it.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
it would be cool if tonglet won the whole ball of wax.. now that they have a little money to work with they will be tough.. his dad has been a racer for a long time and has run a lot of laps down the 1/4 himself and tuned a lot more.. i know andrew is on a "v-rod" but i gotta pull for the underdog..

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it would be cool if tonglet won the whole ball of wax.. now that they have a little money to work with they will be tough.. his dad has been a racer for a long time and has run a lot of laps down the 1/4 himself and tuned a lot more.. i know andrew is on a "v-rod" but i gotta pull for the underdog..
I couldn't agree more. It's not like V&H are losing out, initially giving the Tonglets a helping hand.

They win and obtain sponsorship along the way and can now afford to buy more motors from them.

IMO, LE also takes out some of Andrew Hines other competitors with these wins, and more importantly, they all win because this draws attention to the V&H Suzuki motor program which isn't a bad thing for the business either. :deal:

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i'm with pat and brown, i want to see louis win the PSM title!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts