Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks after winning drag racing’s biggest event, the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil, Tonglet earned his first No. 1 start, further solidifying his standing as the frontrunner for this year’s rookie-of-the-year title. Running in the day’s final pair alongside then-No. 1 Hines, Tonglet put an impressive 6.910 on the boards to move around Hines and claim the top spot on the ladder. In the process, he brought his tally of qualifying bonus points for the weekend up to eight.

“Those eight points we got will be huge going into the next race,” said Tonglet, who is in his first race with backing from Nitro Fish. “We need to get as many as we can. Now, I hope to be able to go some rounds tomorrow on the Nitro Fish Suzuki. My dad [Gary] has been working on our tune-up. We’ve been spinning the tire, but it’s getting better and better. With this new [sponsor], he’s not so conservative anymore. In the final session, we stepped it up. It slowed a bit in 60 feet but picked up in back-half. I was really surprised that we ran that good. When I went to Gainesville, we just wanted to be No. 16. Now, we’re No. 1. The whole thing has turned upside down for us.

"Having the support of Nitro Fish takes a lot of the pressure off. Now, we know we can make the rest of the races. It’s great for all of us. I can concentrate on riding and my dad and brother [GT] and tune the bike. Kenny [Koretsky] saw us in a bind and he stepped up to help us this year and hopefully next season.”

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
those guys have always been fast, i saw his dad at idba races in the 80`s and he was fast,, lots of fast guys from lousiana..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts