Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the Lazer Star Stainless V-Rod turn signal and license plate reloation bracket. I see that this is fairly new and would like to see a picture if anybody has used it on their bike. I haven't heard any pro's or con's about it so, feel free to add any comments about it.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
New to me.I haven't seen them yet.
Anyone got info on these products?

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
I'm interested too !!
(I am doing tons of research in trying to find the coolest mod to the rear-end of the VROD.)

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
I like that alot !! (But, I would remove the license plate holder cause I want
to side mount my plate)
Can that plate holder be removed easily?

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Nevermind (went to the site)

I'm seriously considering that ..
Without plate holder & an L.E.D.
light from Heavycycles...

·
Registered
158 Posts
that's just the kind of thing I've been looking for as well. That rear bracket with a heavycycles taillight would look great...

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
This seems like something I'd be interested in. Anyone know if you use the stock wiring harness or do you have to cut and splice? Also, if anyone has pics of this on their bike, post them or email them to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just finished installing mine. I used Deuce turn signals, will add the aux brake light module later. You probably don't want to use the plastic stock lights, so you would need to splice into the wiring. You could re-use the factory connectors if you are willing to put in some time.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
if anyone wants to do it without splicing (ouchies), here's the H-D part numbers for the contacts that will go on the wires and fit into the stock connectors: 73191-96

Instructions for the removal and insertion of the contacts are in the service manual (you do have a service manual?)... even if you don't have a crimper, you can carefully "crimp" the contacts on with a pair of needle-nose pliers and then solder them. MAKE SURE YOU SOLDER THEM!!

If anyone wants the terminals put onto the lights, you could send them to me and for $15.00 (shipping and parts), I'll put them on for you... however, most dealers, if you have a good relationship with them, would probably get someone to crimp them on for you.

BTW, the wires from the signals only need to be about a foot long.

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Let me be more Pacific....(John has the chrome deuce lights mounted into rear fender under seat.)
In addition to that mod I want to
do a side license plate mount.

Heading out to NY tomorrow for the holidays... (I'm on my 5th or 6th glass of
wine) Fu-k it, who's counting....

Merry Christmas Vrodders !!!!!!!
Be Healthy & Safe out there.

Peace,

Lenny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts