Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sent out a few PM's to those names that appeared on the Calne posts so my apologies if I missed you. On the basis that it has got to stop raining soon lets hope this Saturday remains fair for any of us heading for the Calne meet.

Outline plan is to get an idea of who is coming from where so that people can hook up on the way in to Calne. We can meet on the Porte Marsh Industrial Estate opposite Deceuninck where there is a diner for hot food and drinks.

We can then ride in together, park up and enjoy the sights. Later in the day we can grab a bite to eat in a local pub before heading home in our different directions.

Please post confirmation if you intend to join us, PM or call me if you need further details. 07808 092169

All forum members and guests will be made very welcome.

Cheers:grouphug

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
No PM for me then :spank:

I did reply in the DX threads:
I am planning on being there, weather permitting.

I am suppossed to go down to my 93 year old Gran's to check up on her (I go every other week), but I was going to bin that and go to the show.
Needless to say if the weather is iffy then my Gran wins.

I also mentioned it to Mac53
The long range forecast looks like light rain over most of the South of England - http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1310

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries AJ hope you are back on the bike soon, you can still come in a car if you want!

I am on with the PM's apologies if you did not get one Apprentice sometimes the posts in the forum get a bit scattered.

The plan is to meet at a pub called Aunt Sallys Pussy (I love just saying it) 11.00am on Saturday morning. Its just off Junc16 M4 Swindon on the Wooton Bassett road about a mile. We can then ride into Calne together for a look around. Depending on peoples opinion we can go for a ride out to the local Harley dealer and/or find somewhere decent for a bite to eat before splitting for home.

I have asked MrVrodder Dave to be at the pub early to welcome everyone as I will be riding down with Christine.

And yes Clive you are the chosen one;)

Look forward to seeing you all, about a dozen bikes have committed so far.

Skin

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
I'll be the guy wearing a wet suite, flippers, standing under a very large umbrella, waiting with polishing rags just for Groovy :angeldev: (could not resist)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
To be honest I really want to come, but if it is as wet as it looks like it is gonna be then I owe it to my Gran to go and see her, snug in my boring car with gf and daughter. ;)

I try an do family stuff on crap days, leaving me feeling less guilty when I disappear for entire hours of daylight on dry days.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Depending on how bad the weather is I am hoping to get there with a couple of other Rods so will see you there! They are still forecasting potential flooding so take care!

Issued at: 10.07 Thu 19 Jul on the Met office site this morning

At this stage, there is still some doubt about where the highest totals will occur but southern and central areas of England and Wales are most at risk. The heavy rain could lead to flooding in some areas and cause disruption to outdoor events and transport networks. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It is just not 'kin fair.

I am sitting in the office looking at blue skies.
The DX is at home in the garage, due to the threat of rain this avo, and the TDM is parked in the car park.

Next week is looking better, though.

I want to know why it rains through the 'kin day and we have crystal clear nights. :mad:

<end of rant>

·
Registered
317 Posts
Because some one out there doesn't like you! Only kidding mate

I got a PM, thank you, but have other plans at present. May be able to make a late showing inthe afternoon, as it would only be around a 40 min run to get ther for me.

If not, enjoy, and don't forget the dingy!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Calne meet

HI JON, Thanks for pm , i need to set up DX as i have just fitted a CFR. Was looking foward to this event. Thanks DAVE

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apologies to all as I have had to call tomorrows meet cancelled due to bad weather - Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for all over the region -WTF it is July!

I will try and fix another date for a get together in the coming weeks.

Stay Dry

Jon

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Skinbo said:
Apologies to all as I have had to call tomorrows meet cancelled due to bad weather - Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for all over the region -WTF it is July!

I will try and fix another date for a get together in the coming weeks.

Stay Dry

Jon
Worst I've witnessed, the places in the pics have not flooded before

http://www.wiltshiresgwrfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=443203&spid=13038

1 - 16 of 16 Posts