Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had a custom design cut into his or her stock V-Rod wheels, or know of a reputable wheel company that can do it? I have stock solid chromed wheels on my rod that I purchased from Steve at Mainstreet (V-Mod). I purchased new wheels from Steve at the time so I still have the original aluminum wheels to work with. I would like to have a small custom tribal design (to tie into a new paint set) cut into the front & rear wheels & then have the wheels chromed. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Hey Darrell

Rowe Machine is what OCC uses - if that's worth anything.
The reason I mention it is because I've seen some pretty cool designs on American Chopper done by Rowe Machines. Looks like you can't go wrong with them!

BTW, I saw your bike today - in hundreds of pieces. Quite a site to behold!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Craig for the tip. Lets hope the Rod can be put back together, would hate to have to name the bike Humpty. Still scares the $hit out of me thinking about it. Are we getting together this weekend for the bike show?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I can only imagine your concern with having it ripped apart like that. I feel uncomfortable enough leaving my bike there and having them do as much as they are. Gives a whole new meaning to the word trust!

You bet, I'm looking forward to the show. What day do you want to go?

Craig

·
Registered
424 Posts
darrellh said:
Has anyone here had a custom design cut into his or her stock V-Rod wheels, or know of a reputable wheel company that can do it? I have stock solid chromed wheels on my rod that I purchased from Steve at Mainstreet (V-Mod). I purchased new wheels from Steve at the time so I still have the original aluminum wheels to work with. I would like to have a small custom tribal design (to tie into a new paint set) cut into the front & rear wheels & then have the wheels chromed. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Darrell -

I've posted a pic below of some work we've done on stock wheels. One thing you have to keep in mind is that custom designs on stock V-ROD wheels is very limited due to the way the wheel is layed out and manufactured (cast). Basically our customers send us (fax) an idea of what they want and we'll draw something up and from there we'll communicate back and forth until we come up with what you're looking for. Check out the Forum gallery for more pics.

·
Registered
424 Posts
2ToneAnniversary said:
Mind if I ask what that cost you????
New HD 19" front wheel $625.00
New HD 18" rear wheel (slots only) $525.00
Machine your front wheel $325.00
Machine your rear wheel (slots only) $295.00
Polishing - add $125; Chroming - add $375

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice work Jason. I will check out your site & the gallery. The design that I have in mind would use small intricate cutouts, primarily at the outside edges. I like the smoothness of the solid wheel on a V-rod, I think it complements the flow of the bike so I only want to cut out enough to add some interest but maintain the clean look of the solid wheel.

·
MARK
644 Posts
thanks for the compliments
I wanted to keep the bike as stock as possible. having the wheels cut lets me do this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts