Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
that others may live
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the largest we 1130 folks can go big bore with stock or v-modded exhaust? I like the look of the stock exhaust but want to go BB. I have an '03.
 

·
'04 1300
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
In talking with Larry at Eagle, they've done 1350's with V-modded SE's on them. When I do my 1300, I plan on having it dynoed with my V-mod SE's and with a good 2-1 exhaust, probably the Rinehart. That way if I do any long trips I can swap to the quiet exhaust.
 

·
Bone Stock B Model
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
vrodav8r said:
Anyone know the largest we 1130 folks can go big bore with stock or v-modded exhaust? I like the look of the stock exhaust but want to go BB. I have an '03.


You can go as big as you want and keep the stock exhaust. It will be your choice, the only reason they use after market pipes is to gain more HP. If you decide to keep your stock exhuast, you will probably miss out on some HP.
 

·
that others may live
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smoothrod said:
You can go as big as you want and keep the stock exhaust. It will be your choice, the only reason they use after market pipes is to gain more HP. If you decide to keep your stock exhuast, you will probably miss out on some HP.
Thanks for the info. I have only seen folks go with different exhaust systems when they go BB, so I was under the impression that it was not practical to keep the stock exhaust with or without being V-Modded. Probably not talking about really all that much HP difference - - maybe up to 5-10 or so? I'm not looking at racing professionally - - just want a bit more of a kick in the seat when I get on the throttle.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
There was a video of Ricks BB Bike, over in germany I beleive, and it had v-mods and sounded good and definately looked like it ran very well.
 

·
Bone Stock B Model
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
vrodav8r said:
Thanks for the info. I have only seen folks go with different exhaust systems when they go BB, so I was under the impression that it was not practical to keep the stock exhaust with or without being V-Modded. Probably not talking about really all that much HP difference - - maybe up to 5-10 or so? I'm not looking at racing professionally - - just want a bit more of a kick in the seat when I get on the throttle.
You will be fine going with your stockers drilled out then.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
ill tell you what, if i was going real real big bore, like 1550 or 1600 i would drill the stockers and put them on, that would be the ultimit sleeper.. i was th inkin about putting the stockers on after im done also. im not puting the screamin eagle badges on the heads eather.. just gotta find someone to powdercoat the engine black.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top