Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the VROD and cant stand getting back on Duece but the range of a VROD is disturbing. Dont know if I can get my fellow riders to stop as often as VROD needs. Does anyone know of larger gas tank for VROD or heard of Harley doing anything to solve problem.
Thanks, Robdal

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
robdal I have heard of a company in Europe that is working on a larger tank or do what I do when I ride with regular HD's. I keep my normal pace then stop for gas when I need to and then have coffee while I wait for them to catch up. :)

·
Come back Max
435 Posts
Max said:
robdal I have heard of a company in Europe that is working on a larger tank or do what I do when I ride with regular HD's. I keep my normal pace then stop for gas when I need to and then have coffee while I wait for them to catch up. :)

:thumb: :rofl: Amen! :rofl: :thumb:

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Max said:
:rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anyone see the V Rod sidecar rig in this months Motorcycle Consumer news? They say the Hack will have a large secondary fuel tank in it.... So there ya go, buy the hack and you can cruise all day. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I did see someone coming out with a 5 gallon tank that mounted in place of the passenger seat. This would give you 8.7 gallons. But I can't remember where I saw it. If I run across it again, I will post it for you.

I like Max's answer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
4,638 Posts
Rick said:
I did see someone coming out with a 5 gallon tank that mounted in place of the passenger seat. This would give you 8.7 gallons. But I can't remember where I saw it. If I run across it again, I will post it for you.

I like Max's answer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
8.7 Gallons.. Holey Sh!t batman I could ride to Korea and back !!!!!! :moped: :moped:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Or you can try what I saw someone else do on my way to Laughlin...

Sidecar with "main squeeze" holding a full 5 gallon gas tank between her legs! :boobs:

I hope they made it in the 100+ degree desert! Didn't see any news reports or Darwin Awards on that one! :angelwin:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Thanks, Teppo! Cool site. Now I just need to learn German to read it! Is it the zusatztank fur v-rod?? Where does it go on the bike?

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is mounted instead of the rear seat and it has a capacity of 11 Liter. Google a little with the words "V-Rod+Zusatztank", you will find another side with a picture of a V-Rod with mounted fueltank.
Teppo

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
There is a V-Rod in that picture?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i havent seen it on a v-rod yet but i have seen this done on a buell, the buell was outfitted with a set of saddelbags and in one of the saddel bags he has an auxillery fuel tank, very neet, ill try to find it again.
just food for thought
casey :stilpoke:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Only in one of the saddlebags? That seems like it would effect the balance of the bike pretty badly. I'd like to hear from someone who rode a bike like that to see how they felt about it...

caseywloen said:
i havent seen it on a v-rod yet but i have seen this done on a buell, the buell was outfitted with a set of saddelbags and in one of the saddel bags he has an auxillery fuel tank, very neet, ill try to find it again.
just food for thought
casey :stilpoke:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts