Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Troy said:
What's up Max. Don't want me to help Rob now you don't answer my questions.... :stilpoke:
Max may know a good place to buy some HAM...:moon:

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Max said:
Sorry Troy not at all. I wish I did have a welder but no I do not. I think your going to be surprised just how fast the tank install is going to be. After all I'm getting pretty good at getting them in and out. :)
LOL I figured as much. I'd say you could do it in your sleep by now.

Cupcake, Tennesse boys know where the best Ham is. I also have a middlin coming real soon that I can share with yall and Max. :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Daytona Bike Week!!

Hello Everybody!!

Daytona Bike Week is coming soon!

If you order your Rick's V-Rod tank the next days, than you will get the it in time to do the installation.
It takes only 6-8 working days after the order and you receive the new tank in your house!

We still offer the special price for you: 599,00 US $ incl. shiping to the US!

Just send us your adresse and telephone number, than we can contact your for credite card details!

Best regards

Rick's Motorcycles

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
salieri said:
for anyone who was gullible enough to ask 'is this for real' just check the 299.99 price tag. from harley? :rofl: hogwild you should have put it at least around 1999.00. sheesh. :stilpoke:
The underplate was not included (additional $199) hardware kit ($39) and requires different upgraded Fuel Flange (part not available till june) final Result (Priceless) :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Got my ricks tank on the way just not looking foward to the install

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
:stooge:

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Max said:
The metal plate and instructions were both under all the packing in my box. The directions are also posted online.
Max, I apologize in advance for being lazy and not sifting thru prior threads. How is the plate attached with Rick's tank? Is it rivets also?

Also just to confirm, will I have to modify or change any of:

1) seat latch assembly and button (ignition already relocated to front)
2) side chrome covers (lower gas tank section which is exposed stock)
3) smart siren location
4) fuel flange
5) for the future, any interference with a turbo unit?

Thanks again for the time and most especially the guidance in choosing the right tank for me (ie: CFR seat, etc.).

Thanks much, gearing up to order this soon since my bike is down and out for the winter anyhow.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
spinedoc said:
Max, I apologize in advance for being lazy and not sifting thru prior threads. How is the plate attached with Rick's tank? Is it rivets also?

Also just to confirm, will I have to modify or change any of:

1) seat latch assembly and button (ignition already relocated to front)
2) side chrome covers (lower gas tank section which is exposed stock)
3) smart siren location
4) fuel flange
5) for the future, any interference with a turbo unit?

Thanks again for the time and most especially the guidance in choosing the right tank for me (ie: CFR seat, etc.).

Thanks much, gearing up to order this soon since my bike is down and out for the winter anyhow.
The plate is held in with screws and does require you drill two holes in the frame behind the trans and two holes in the lower skid plate.

1. Seat latch and button require no change.

2. Chrome side covers I really can't say as I don't have them. I would expect they require some changes to fit. But honestly don't know.

3. Factory siren remains in the same location, you do have to trim the bottom of the rear splash shield below the siren location.

4. Fuel flange is un-changed, no mods required.

5. No interference with Turbo at all.

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Max said:
2. Chrome side covers I really can't say as I don't have them. I would expect they require some changes to fit. But honestly don't know.
No problem. You don't have to change them, but you have to remove the right side cover for installation. After the installation you can press it back it. I have a photo posted somewhere.

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
I simply put a gallon water in it, washed it out and dried it a little with a cloth. It seemed pretty clean to me.

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
I suppose it's only because it could be that there is some debris in it, chips or such stuff since it is open in the box and during production.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Thank you

We would like to thank to everybody how already purchased the Ricks Motorcycles V-Rod 4,9 gal. gas tank and for all the good responses.

To show our gratitude we will continue the special offer $ 599 incl. shiping and handling!

If you have any question or if you need further informations please don`t hesitate to contact us.
[email protected]

Ricks Motorcycles

·
Registered
3 Posts
The meanwhile worldwide known V-Rod gas tank from Rick’s Motorcycles

In some internet websites this part is called a “Trick Tank”…. but it is not a trick, its just Rick’s!!
Worldwide and with a lot of spectacular and unique developments for the V-Rod, since the first day when the V-Rod entered the Harley world… just Rick’s!

As a result of the high demand on the tank, Rick’s decided to change the type of production. High investments in new tools and new developments… Rick’s spent a lot of money to improve the tank!
With this new kind of production Ricks increased the quantity and the quality of the tank and we are now able to deliver the tank within a few days to the whole world. From a handmade tank to an industrial production!
A further advantage of this is that we can now supply the tank for a cheaper price and the installation is easier than before!

With the new production it could not be helped that the capacity of the new tank is a bit more less than the old one. Nevertheless the Rick’s V-Rod tank has a capacity of 18,5 liter / 4,88 gal. Which are about 4,65 liter more than the OEM V-Rod tank. So you have a higher range of roughly 32 – 35%.

For the OEM tank up to 2006, Harley-Davidson states a capacity of 14 liter, but the Rick’s Team tested an OEM tank and only 13,8 fits into it. So it seems that the tank has even not the 14 liter!

In the last months we received a lot of questions from our customers which we want to answer to you, to show the advantages of the Rick’s V-Rod tank:

1. The ignition switch and the opening mechanism of the seat can remain at the original place.

2. The alarm system can remain at the original place, no modifications necessary.

3. All electric parts, fuel lines, tank filler cap, fuel pump and fuel filter can remain original.

4. The ground clearance is not lower than with the OEM tank.

5. No welding on the frame necessary. You only have to cut off a piece of the skid plate and replace it
with the Rick’s skid plate.

6. The tank fits to all V-Rod models up to 2006 (all models with a 14l OEM gas tank!)

7. The tank can be used with all tyre sizes up to 300 mm.
With original tyres, no further modifications necessary!

8. A skilled mechanic can install the tank within 4 hours.

9. An installation instruction (with pictures) and all necessary parts are included.

Ricks offer a special price ( USD 599.- incl. UPS shipping ) on every order until 15th of february for all US costomers.
Delivery time is between 10 to 12 working days.

Attention!!! for all copy shops!!!! the part is patented!! so be far away from the Ricks tank !!

View attachment 68241

View attachment 68242
Hi I would like to purchase one of these tanks? Can you please send me contact details

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi I would like to purchase one of these tanks? Can you please send me contact details
Don't hold your breath for a reply, this post is over 13 years old. Rick's Motorcycles no longer makes these tanks, but Unlimited Engineering who also made one have just done a fresh run so you could get one of their tanks.

Or Fredy.ee is also launching one at the moment the same as the old Ricks tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't hold your breath for a reply, this post is over 13 years old. Rick's Motorcycles no longer makes these tanks, but Unlimited Engineering who also made one have just done a fresh run so you could get one of their tanks.

Or Fredy.ee is also launching one at the moment the same as the old Ricks tank.

Perfect, thank you so much for your help, ordering one now 😀

221 - 237 of 237 Posts