Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VagMan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid girl talking on her damn cellphone pulled out from a stop sign. I was doing about 45. Had no choice but to lock it up. Scraped up, couple of strawberries and road rash.
Bike?....bent my drag bars,cracked the lower frame mount for the shift peg, bent my side mount license plate, scuffed up the side of the fairing and front fairing and dented the airbox cover.
I'm laying in the road and the bitch takes off! I kid u not!
Anyway, could have been worse.
First part I need is the lower frame left shift mount side.
Anybody having one for 2009 niterod, I need it!
Also, the part number would be helpful if one of you have it

SUCKS, but I will fix it:banghead:

·
Black Denim F
1,046 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this! Like you said it could have been much worse, atleast you didnt go flying over the car.

As far as the dumbass brain-dead driver taking off, I can believe it I'm sorry to say. Nothing surprises me anymore!!! Our society is in the toilet- total shit.......

Heal up fast and good luck on the bike repairs :).

·
Registered
801 Posts
Man that blows. Glad you're ok tho.

How bent are the bars? I've got my stock chrome one that's got a 1-2 degree bend in it from when I wrecked mine. I rode it for a while like that before i got my black bar. If you want it, it's yours. Just lemme know. It's just sitting.

·
VagMan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
love the forum
Thanks Acid, the bars are toast but no big deal, I just ordered a new set from VMOD. The left lower frame rail is my issue. It cracked right at the attachment for the shift lever.
People just do not give a shit if you are on a bike. You might as well be on a skateboard.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
From the '08 Parts Catalog: Lower Left Frame Rail => 47987-07BK
Sorry to hear about the dingbat.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Can't help you with parts but try something called Xeroform on the road rash. It will heal with less scarring and discomfort. Sorry to hear about your spill, glad it was not worse.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I hope you have a plate and or a witness.I would be looking for that b*&^ch.I would have followed her home and reported her ass if I had seen something like that go down.You could have been left to die on the road.Good luck with the bike but I would be more upset about being left there.:spank:

·
VagMan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No shit. My left hip hurts like a mofo. An old man stopped and checked on me but everyone else just went around. The world we live in!
This forum helps me every time.
Thanks for the replies

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
Bike can be fixed. Make sure you get yourself checked out good!! Glad to hear someone stopped to help you. Guess the rest of the people that passed you were on the phone as well. Get well soon

·
VagMan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of my replacement parts are finally coming in. I'll be fixing it up hopefully. I'll take some pics to post
Ride safe

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Hey I got the rail welded while I waited for a replacement part. Sometime the rails take forever to come in. If it is only cracked it is a lot easier to know the angle to weld it at and it works for a while. Just a FYI.

Sorry you got hurt, but you walked away. Bike can be fixed...

-Keith

·
VagMan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey I got the rail welded while I waited for a replacement part. Sometime the rails take forever to come in. If it is only cracked it is a lot easier to know the angle to weld it at and it works for a while. Just a FYI.

Sorry you got hurt, but you walked away. Bike can be fixed...

-Keith

I was going to weld mine but your right, if the angle if off just a little bit then it works and looks like sheet. Waiting for my parts to all get here.
Between waiting for the parts and limited time, it is going to take a little time.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I was going to weld mine but your right, if the angle if off just a little bit then it works and looks like sheet. Waiting for my parts to all get here.
Between waiting for the parts and limited time, it is going to take a little time.
Mine was ripped off completely and rewelded a little forward. Worked OK but felt like my foot was going to slide off all the time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts