Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into a left side/swing arm saddle bag for my ‘13 NRS. Does anyone with a similar model have one of the La Rosa bags on their bikes? If so good or bad? can you send a pic of where it mounts? Possibly interested in one on the right side as well. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I’m looking into a left side/swing arm saddle bag for my ‘13 NRS. Does anyone with a similar model have one of the La Rosa bags on their bikes? If so good or bad? can you send a pic of where it mounts? Possibly interested in one on the right side as well. Thanks!
From what I've heard, you will need to protect any paint areas on the bike where it mounts or any areas of contact it might have, like swing arm etc. Otherwise, should do what it's intended to do.
Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
I own that bag and had it mounted to an 09 NRS for a short time. The bag itself is great, however I found it annoying because my left leg had to straddle the bag at stops. It also interfered with trying to back the bike up. I could do it but found it annoying.

I also built a bracket to keep it off the swingarm. Without the bracket the bag would wear through the swing arm paint in no time. There are leather straps that secure the bag in 4 locations and hold it steady. It never "flapped around" on me (but did touch the swing arm). The points of attachment will wear also just from vibrations. A suitable clear protective tape can solve that but I wound up just taking it off.

PM me if you are interested in purchasing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! For both replies. That’s kinda’ what I thought, I couldn’t figure out how to mount the bag without it somehow interfering with my leg? Didn’t even consider how hard it would be to back the bike out of the garage with the bag on. Really appreciate the help! ???? I guess I’ll loo into saddle bags...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Op....if you're still looking for an opinion, here's mine.
I picked up my VROD after riding a Streetglide for 8yrs. When I emptied the bags there was so much crap(addeding weight to the bike).
The first thing I missed about the VROD was being able to carry a few items eg. extra sunglasses, gloves, sweater, etc.
Long story short...I bought a bag similar to La Rosa's. It was a bit of work getting the straps snug on the swing arm (yes I covered the swing arm with a heavy clear laminate) but once on it was good to go.
Just big enough to carry a few things for day rides. I also have a net that gets secured onto the back seat to hold other items.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I have the same paint scheme on my bike. Does the bag interfere with your leg when trying to move the bike? I need to back mine out of the garage, and it seems like it might make it a little harder to do. Thinks! Looks good ??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, I have the same paint scheme on my bike. Does the bag interfere with your leg when trying to move the bike? I need to back mine out of the garage, and it seems like it might make it a little harder to do. Thinks! Looks good ??
I don't remember ever hitting my leg on the bag while paddling backwards. It may have happened but after a couple times it becomes instinct to avoid it. I guess it may be an issue if you have shorter legs. My inseam is 32"......

I wish I could remember the mfr of my bag. It has very thick leather and a couple of nice coins on the flap. The strap fasteners are quick release (found on backpacks) making opening/closing quick....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts