Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tall Kuryakyn sissy bar with Harley davidson pad. Slightly Used and in great condition!

$200.00 + $20.00 shipping (contus)

Will ship to other countries although shipping may be more! Price is Firm. I accept Paypal

Attachments

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Tall Kuryakyn sissy bar with Harley davidson pad. Slightly Used and in great condition!

$200.00 + $20.00 shipping (contus)

Will ship to other countries although shipping may be more! Price is Firm. I accept Paypal
Man, this won't last long...

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hate to sound stupid but does this fit for a vrod?

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Yes, it is a rare and highly sought after part.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
holy christ for that price i gotta start making these!!!

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
That's what I did, but there are a few twists involved to make it just right. I think new they went for $175 w/out the pad.
(Hey Luigi!)

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
hey gabe

i can see that it would take a little trial and error but one could use the HD one as a starting point.

and once you got it correct and have a good template, your off to the races!

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Not to hijack this thread too much more, but: I took the short OEM H-D bar (lot of them out there) and cut it in half. Then I took identical thickness bar and welded in 4" (or so, I forget) extensions. The trick is to have it in a jig that matches the layout at the bottom of the bar onto the plate. I do believe someone could get a jig made up and easily sell a bunch. Chroming is what will send the price up but mine is covered with a storage bag so it is not visible anyway - or just paint it black. Who wants to look at a sissy bar anyway? (Unless it has a Maltese Cross and artwork on it!)

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
thats the key is that chromers are un-godly expensive but i am with you on the fact that i would only mount such an item when i need to haul more gear so who cares if its chromed or not.

either way good luck with the sale!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I did, but there are a few twists involved to make it just right. I think new they went for $175 w/out the pad.
(Hey Luigi!)
Yes, that is what they sold for and still are! They are made so that you can use a stock luggage rack or their removable one. Being 2 inches back and 2 inches taller they take some special bending to get around the luggage rack. Taking a stock one and making it taller does not give you the 2 inches back for more passenger room.

·
OIF II
48 Posts
Obviously I sold mine way too cheap......but thats what this section is about, or at least it used to be.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Yes, that is what they sold for and still are! They are made so that you can use a stock luggage rack or their removable one. Being 2 inches back and 2 inches taller they take some special bending to get around the luggage rack. Taking a stock one and making it taller does not give you the 2 inches back for more passenger room.
All true - which is why I searched and waited (almost 2 years) until one finally came along here on the Forum, and bought it! Now I have the two.
:)

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
this isn't sold yet?

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you still have it for sale?
Yes, I have 1 left!
Kuryakyn tall sissy bar with pad $200.00 + $15.00 shipping. Once payment received, will ship right out to have in time for Christmas!

(At the time of listing I had 2 of them and sold 1. Wont be getting any more.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts