Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the sissy bar from kuryakyn still available and where is the best place to order it from, i'm trying to please the wife instead of selling the rod?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Check out v-mod.com. They have the "Serious Sissy" that sits back two inches farther than most bars. You can find it by doing a search, just type serious sissy in the search bar. It is also higher, providing more back support. I think they are $99.00.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
ZeroG2K5 said:
Check out v-mod.com. They have the "Serious Sissy" that sits back two inches farther than most bars. You can find it by doing a search, just type serious sissy in the search bar. It is also higher, providing more back support. I think they are $99.00.
I believe that is the Kury Sisybar.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
gaprider0 said:
is the sissy bar from kuryakyn still available and where is the best place to order it from, i'm trying to please the wife instead of selling the rod?
Keep in mind that with that bar, only a Kuryakyn luggage rack will fit.
How do I know? :hmm:

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
It's been discontinued. I got mine from JP Cycles.

904 Posts
Not true on my '04-A -- the factory luggage rack did fit with the Kuryakyn sissy bar, although the bar reduces the useable platform of the luggage rack to a precious few inches.

I ended up installing Kuryakyn's matching "removeable" luggage rack to get my rack space back. Functionally it works great, although the rack has crappy chrome plating and which is looking pretty shabby after a year... and when paired with the Sundowner passenger pillion, it's not actually removeable without undoing the passenger seat.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guy's

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
bikerabbi said:
How do I know? :hmm:
Not true, using the HD rack and Kuryakyn sissy.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
firemedic said:
Not true, using the HD rack and Kuryakyn sissy.

OK then: :spank:

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
did we actually decide where to find one? I checked JP but I didn't see one listed...

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
baldharleydude said:
Not true on my '04-A -- the factory luggage rack did fit with the Kuryakyn sissy bar, although the bar reduces the useable platform of the luggage rack to a precious few inches.

I ended up installing Kuryakyn's matching "removeable" luggage rack to get my rack space back. Functionally it works great, although the rack has crappy chrome plating and which is looking pretty shabby after a year... and when paired with the Sundowner passenger pillion, it's not actually removeable without undoing the passenger seat.
Got the sundowner seat on my B..also the removable kury rack,scratches the [email protected]#$ out of the base plate,however don't have any issues with install/removal of rack with the seat. I also am looking for a "high" bar with pad

·
Registered
288 Posts
Removable Rack

I just wanted to add that the Kuryakin removable rack will not work with the HD touring pad. The pad does not allow the rack to lock into place. Played HELL trying to get Kuryakin to authorize a refund which I DID NOT appreciate. They don't tell you that and expect you know it for yourself. After a doxen phone calls they excepted the return and gave me the refund.
Dar

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well does anyone have one for sale?? or know who still caries them??

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
gaprider0 said:
I recently checked at Kuryakyn and a number of suppliers and E-Bay. They seem to be looooong gone.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
gaprider0 said:
check with Cycleman6. He had one for sale for $ 125.00. I am not sure if it's still available.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Collectors item huh, guess I'll hold onto mine until it's worth a few 100.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts