Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pronounced "shane"
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically these move the passenger's feet forward by about 1.5 inches. Never used; bought these over a decade ago. Package is opened. Packaging says "Fits All '02 - '06 V-ROD Models (Except '06 VRSCD & VRSCR)". And that's because these peg relocators bolt onto the swing arm, not the frame. I don't recall what I paid for them new; I just searched the Kuryakyn website and could not find them. Yes, they are chrome. To use these, you remove the pegs from your stock mounting brackets (and remove the stock mounting bracket from the swingarm), and attach the pegs to these brackets. $60 shipped (conus), or will trade for primers (if you reload/handload, you know what I'm talking about).
Kuryakyn (1).jpg Kuryakyn (1).jpg Kuryakyn (2).jpg Kuryakyn (3).jpg

·
pronounced "shane"
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There seems to be some confusion over where these mount...
They replace the stock mounting brackets that screw into the swing arm cross piece (under gas tank).
These do not attach to the swing arm pivot bolt.
Price lowered: $60 shipped (conus).

Reactions: rc4man

·
VRSC est -03
2,895 Posts
Great looking products compared to the stock ones. I would be all over èm if I had an early model. GLWS.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,490 Posts
Had a set early on to make things more comfortable for my late wife. Sold them after I fitted a Rick's 5 gallon tank as they wouldn't clear anymore. Great price someone should jump on them.

·
pronounced "shane"
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a set early on to make things more comfortable for my late wife. Sold them after I fitted a Rick's 5 gallon tank as they wouldn't clear anymore. Great price someone should jump on them.
You should check out my gallery to see what I did to my swingarm. The R's came with a completely different location for the passenger pegs (frame-mounted because of the R's stock 5 gallon tank) which puts the passenger's knees kind of high and feet kind of tucked back (not very comfortable, I'm told). Since I went with a two into one exhaust, there was visually no reason for my wife to have her feet way up high (except for the 5 gallon tank), so I modified the swing arm cross piece so I could install swingarm mounted passenger pegs that wouldn't hit the 5 gallon tank. But, since the R has mid-controls, these Kuryakin mounts I'm selling pushed her boots too close to mine (not a problem for the bikes with forward controls). So to the nondiscerning eye, my R has A passenger peg mounts.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Actually... I did the same thing for my R. Requires some custom grinding to clear the tank, but totally do-able as long as you’ve already replaced the exhaust

·
pronounced "shane"
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually... I did the same thing for my R. Requires some custom grinding to clear the tank, but totally do-able as long as you’ve already replaced the exhaust
I cut out the top 1/2" or so of my cross piece and then welded a solid piece into the lower portion of the cross piece (for stability), and drilled/tapped holes for the mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts