Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in the mail and installed my new turn signal intergrated Kuryakyn mirrors. Very cool. Style fits the V-Rod perfectly and the LED signals are very bright. I decided not to run the running lights as the signals are much brighter when the running lights are off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
do these simpy bolt right up?? no mods or kit needed to fit the V?? How does one connect the wiring to operate the turns if I wanted to replace the OEM with these??? cut and splice?

thx

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very easy to install. They are OEM fitting. Just splice into the three signal wires with the three mirror wires and you have it. My wiring run through the handle bars so I had drill a hole in the bars.....unseen of course. Took me about a half hour to install both.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Looks good:thumb
How thick are those mirrors?They look about 3/4.
I Like them.:plause

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I've had the mirrirs on since June. Love em. The wires can be installed in the stock plastic plug if you can figure out how to remove the pins (I couldn't). I removed the stock lights. Some say they aren't bright enough, but I disagree. I installed the supplied load balancing resister (under the rear seat). Don't know if it was required or not.

Dan

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just cut and spliced the wires together. My wiring is in the handlebars so everything is hidden. I had to Dremel out a small channel in the accessory housing so it wouldn't pinch the wire. I will give you more pics of the finished job later today. I didn't use the load balancer and everything works fine. I made sure first and contacted the mfg to make sure that there were no ill effects from not using the balancer. Everything works great. Very bright too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts