Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Laconia 08'... yeah.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon!

So, I totally backed out the swivel ball tension allen screws on my Kuryakyn mirrors way too much, and now I can't get them to thread back in. Is it a lost cause, or if I hit it right, will they thread back in? Do I need to do something specific? When I attempt to tighten, it feels like it will not thread on anything and just keeps turning & turning.

Automotive lighting Font Circle Motor vehicle Auto part

·
VRSC est -03
3,532 Posts
A shot in the dark: place the mirror upwards before trying to carefully thread back in...

·
Laconia 08'... yeah.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried pushing as hard as I could (basically) and I still can’t get it to thread. I tried to thread in with mirror upwards facing as well. If I shake it (but hold the ball mechanism), nothing rattles. I wonder if maybe the ball itself has tabs or something that need to line up with the screw thread.

Sunglasses Goggles Automotive lighting Vision care Silver

Watch White Silver Automotive lighting Grey

Hand Automotive lighting Liquid Light Water bottle

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I tried pushing as hard as I could (basically) and I still can’t get it to thread. I tried to thread in with mirror upwards facing as well. If I shake it (but hold the ball mechanism), nothing rattles. I wonder if maybe the ball itself has tabs or something that need to line up with the screw thread.

View attachment 611672
View attachment 611673
View attachment 611671
Plate is likely threaded. Without popping the mirror itself out and pushing the ball plate up so screw engages , don't see any other way. Not sure if heat and gentle prying will remove the glass. More then likely you will break it.
Ron

·
VRSC est -03
3,532 Posts
Is there anyone in the local area who can cut a new glass for the mirror?
Tool Kitchen utensil Hand tool Font Gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts