Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these. I want to replace my mirrors and need to replace one of my front turn signals too. Those of you who have seen them, are the LED signals as bright and visible as the OEM ones?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put them on a month or so back. They are not as bright at factory, but they do good enough.

·
The Hawk
3,803 Posts
I have been through 3 sets of them, one on my bike and 2 on my wifes Honda. They don't hold up well to wet, salty environments. The chrome will pit, peel and generally look like crap after 6 to 8 months, even with weekly washing and cleaning. I am not sure if the electric current sets it up for more corrosion or what but they don't hold up here in Hawaii.

Mike

·
Registered
494 Posts
RicoSuave said:
Used em on my R. Liked them. They were plenty bright.
Glad to see you still playing in the "R Zone". How're you liking the DX (we'd like to see some pics of it in your gallery)? :D

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
I used them on my B and D and I think they are great. I have not had any problems with corrosion, butthen again I'm not where we have salt air.

I have also used some of the import versions you find on eBay and they work okay as well, but they don't have the load equalizers with them like the Kuryakyn does, but they have the leds shining through the mirror surface as well so they can be viewed from the rear.

·
Markku
985 Posts
I have them on my R. seems visible enough for me and i've had no problems with them.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Fletch said:
Glad to see you still playing in the "R Zone". How're you liking the DX (we'd like to see some pics of it in your gallery)? :D
Hey Fletch... luv my DX. I'll get some pics in MY gallery, but in the meantime check my wife;s gallery KPT WMN for pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks y'all. I appreciate the insight. I may go with the harley version, but I liked the looks and price of the Kuryakyn mirrors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts