Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Kuryakin Switchblades

970 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  V-Fred 
#1 ·
As reported in the Daytona thread, I somehow lost the rubber piece at the end of my left Switchblade, as well as a nut on a longish bolt there (probably which held the rubber part on). I e-mailed Kuryakin, and they gave me a phone number. (715-247-2184). The guy who answered was apologetic for the part loss, and he actually went out to the warehouse and found replacement rubber parts, and is mailing them to me, no charge!
I did mention the forum, and the fact that I have their turn signal mirrors, mini boards and peg extenders, in addition to the switchblades. But they were great to deal with. :cheers:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
He did mention he had heard about the "sticking open" problem. And that white grease seems to cure it. I haven't tried loc-tite on the pivot, but that might keep them in place. I think the HD stirrup is probably a more robust solution. I'm glad they are sending me the parts, though. Their other stuff seems pretty good.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Final report: Kruyakin, true to their word, shipped me, no charge, a replacement set of rubber for my switchblades. Turns out, there is a nut embedded in the end piece, that apparently holds everything together. I bought a set of ganged folding i-p allen wrenches (I was missing a critical one), and put everything together in a couple of minutes.
The stuck heelrest was a different story. I tried to remove the allen bolt that holds everything together, but was unable to do so (stripped allen socket, impact wrenches, dremel cut slots notwithstanding). So I resorted to wd-40, and I was able to unstick it. I lubricated it with some heavy duty grease, and it works smoothly now. (But its never coming abart)
Following Sunday's ride, I discovered that on the freeway the heel rests are great. On the twisties, however, I fold them in, as I like being able to feel the ground with my heel on the tight turns. They are keepers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.