Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has the stock rubber pegs and grips. I don't want to bling this bike up too much, but these pieces are just too unattractive to leave in place. I'm not much for the skulls and flames. Kuryakin has some items that interest me, but I've never used any of their parts. So any of you had experience with them? I don't want to deal with flaky chrome or cheap rubber in a few months time.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have purchased the KuryAkin passenger peg swingarm mounts for the V-rod, and mini-floorboards for my wife's Can-Am, and been pleased with both. Good materials, fit, and finish on all.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I've got a couple of things, Switchblade pegs:Chrome is good, Rubber is getting worn. Rotate on the mounts when the stirrup is out. Newer ones supposedly have serrations that stop the rotation.Tall sissy bar and rack. Bar looks good. Rack has lost some of it's chrome from wear. Never did snap down right. Kury Grand tour bag that I use on occasion.Good roomy bag but hard to mount on the rack so it doesn't move around. Mounts on the pass seat fine(after modifying the included under seat tie down)
Ed

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Some people hate Kury, others love them. I have some parts from them (grips, pegs, and luggage rack) and they have all held up nicely with use. No chrome pitting as others have had.
I feel they are the Walmart of MC parts and wouldn't run them for free. Average design, average quality, and reeks of the "Weekend Harley Soldier" mentality.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not exactly Walmart.............

I have a set of their switchblade pegs and I really like them.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/14/IMID/623

As replied above, yes they will spin on the splined spindles if you put enough weight on them but if you look at the way they're designed it would be pretty hard for them not to spin if you put allot of pressure on them. Could they have been designed better so that they never spin? I guess somehow they could have been designed better but what couldn't. For how I use them they work fine. Can I stand up on the heal rest when it's extended? Hell no but I really don't think that's what they were designed for. I bought them for one reason but like them for two reasons. First, I purchased them because of an earlier bike accident I have a fused right ankle and on longer rides my foot use to vibrate off the peg and once actually hit the road. It scared the hell out of me and these pegs took that fear away because the heal rest add some support to keep my foot in place. Secondly and kind of neat is the lean over feelers on them. I know when I scrape that little ball on the right side that I'm getting pretty close to the pipe and this avoids scraping up my pipes. I like them and some won't but they're certainly not what I would call "Walmart" for sure.
Ed

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
I've been using their grips and pegs for years with no problems except normal wear and tear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts