Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know where I can get a speedo overlay or even one of those fancy indiglo gauges in km/h? I live in Canada and bought a US bike and seem to speed a lot since my speedo is only in miles. I am trying to avoid buying a new speedo since they are like $350 on ebay! Any helps/tips/links would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It would help if you mentioned the year and model bike that you have and the mileage on your speedo. Some members may have a metric speedo sitting around that they would be willing to trade (like me, for instance.....).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I have an 03 VRSCA anniversary edition. I have 12000 miles right now on it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine is the earlier style (no clock, different wiring???) so I don't think it will fit the '07 models but would definitely work on Rony's bike. I will try to find it in my garage and let you know the part number, etc.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Any helps/tips/links would be appreciated.
I have a US speedo on one of the rods and dont plan on changing it..
Simple math for the most common speed limits

100kph = 60mph
80kph = 50 mph
60kph = 40mph
50kph = 30mph
:deal:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine is a 67393-01A manuf. in Jan, 2004. The 2007 DX takes a 67308-07 in the metric speedo, so I doubt that it would work. Mine has 13,311 Kms. on it (I think). I really don't need another MPH one, but would be willing to sell this one. Send me a PM and we can see about working out a deal if you are interested in this one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
You will need to use a Digital Technician to install the new IM on an old bike or it won't even start. HD has made it very hard to falsify the mileage or build a bike out of stolen parts by making it almost impossible to piece certain electrical parts together from different bikes unless a dealer is involved, hopefully minimizing the opportunities for fraud and theft. With a Digital Technician the swap should work.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have switched back and forth between the MPH and KPH speedos on my '02 without any problems.

·
Registered
976 Posts
At first I thought I would like a KPH speedo.But after a few months I have gotten used to the MPH .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Isn't it just a sticker at the back? I thought Ghost Rider sells custom ones. Anyways, getting used to MPH is easy like pfbmgd said.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I used this company years ago

They can do about anything with a speedo and usually very fast

http://www.bluegauges.com/index2.htm

My speedo is the blueflame one on their website Scott can do all the things you want.
Several forum members have had their speedos re-worked by Scott..... he does some pretty awesome stuff
Donald

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
There are companies (as well as the dealer) that will do mileage reinstatement on your new speedo (I'm sure someone will chime in on this). I think they just have to verify the mileage on the old speedo beforehand.

As far as switching them goes, I'm not aware of any programming that has to be done with the Digital Technician. I think the only components that have to be programmed are the ECU and TSSM when you switch them out. You should be home free with a new cluster.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
I have a US speedo on one of the rods and dont plan on changing it..
Simple math for the most common speed limits

100kph = 60mph
80kph = 50 mph
60kph = 40mph
50kph = 30mph
:deal:
I'm sure you've gotten a few Yankees that thought they'd be clever when they were pulled over for doing WAY over the limit.

"Um, well the sign said the speed limit was 90, so I figured I can go 1.6 times that fast, or 144 MPH. Isn't 1.6 the factor? Anyway, I was only going 120, so I must have been WAY UNDER the speed limit."

"It doesn't work that way son."

"Wait, if you take your car to the U.S. and the speed limit says 65, don't you multiply by 1.6 to figure out how fast you can go?"

"Step out of the car son." :chair::banghead::broke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts