Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver_rod User
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kosman's mid-controls kit

It seems good and I have emailed and ordered by way of importer (I'm not in the US).
But no reply...

Are they stopping receiving an order?
Please teach if you know the situation.
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kosman mid controls

i've talked to them a few times in the last few months, they did not reply to my e-mails, but you can reach them by phone. as per my last conversation last week, the mid controls are suppose to ship this week. hope this helps.

·
Silver_rod User
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot!

I've emailed them several times and waited for a month. Then I almost gave up.
I'll email the new owner about the order.

I hope I can get it.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
FWIW, I've emailed Bob a copy of this thread as well.

Hopefully you guys see some good results.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
For the kind of $$ they're getting for those, I'm glad I chose the Rizoma rear set.

you could have gotten the kit using oem HD parts from v-mod.

The Kosmans are OK - but the Rizoma's move the pegs a few inches further back. Kosman does utilize the stock rear back master, but having a linkage from front to back is a KLUDGE IMHO.

Much prefer the cleaner look of the Rizoma, even though it does require swapping the swingarm pivot shaft (which I had the dealer do - I wasn't familiar enough with the bike at the time to attempt myself).

I powdercoated all the hardware black - shift lever, reservoir and bracket came silver.

Glad you finally got yours in. Enjoy! Ride safe...

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Rizoma set was one of my choices. It's very cool.
But It's so expensive and needs to modify the fluid line.

Rizoma and similar products cost me over $2000 in Japan.
like that:
http://www.team-plain.com/products/products.html
$2200! impossible!
What did the Kosman set cost (as a matter of idle curiosity)?

Rizoma set adds a brake line and ABS adapter - requires an ABS bleed (that only a dealer with computer can do).

Didn't realize you were in Nippon-land.

I can't tell anyone what to spend their hard-earned yen on - and I'm probably a little crazier than others due to mod-fever (just a LITTLE), but even at $2K, I still would have went with the Rizoma's.

Rick

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
What did the Kosman set cost (as a matter of idle curiosity)?

Rizoma set adds a brake line and ABS adapter - requires an ABS bleed (that only a dealer with computer can do).

Didn't realize you were in Nippon-land.

I can't tell anyone what to spend their hard-earned yen on - and I'm probably a little crazier than others due to mod-fever (just a LITTLE), but even at $2K, I still would have went with the Rizoma's.

Rick
$ 599.00

http://www.kosmanspecialties.com/vrod.htm

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
No argument here guys...

Then again, I don't own my bike - at the moment, it appears to OWN ME!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
These look nice. Wonder why the brake is silver, and the shifter black?

OTOH, these are way further forward than I would find comfortable for me personally. My heel sits about 2" BEHIND the swingarm pivot.

That's the beauty of mods - if you look long enough (or find the right fabricator) you can do damn near anything you want with your ride...

Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts