Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently purchased the remaining Marchesini and Brembo inventory from Custom Chrome. We have enough parts to build 12 complete wheel and brake kits for V-Rods. The wheels are anodized black and are 17x3.5 and 17x5.5 The rotors are 320mm front and 240mm rear, and use 4 piston gold Brembo calipers.

If we could arrange a group buy for all 12 sets, we could offer them to forum members as a complete bolt on kit with caliper brackets, torque link, modified V-rod pulley(Your pulley), and all neccessary hardware. We could not supply brake lines or tires becuase of fittment, preference, and price considerations. If we can do all 12 sets we can offer this to forum members for $2395.00 plus shipping. Please let us know what you guys think!

Sandy and Miguel

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
very nice

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
wow thats a hell of a deal anyone wanna buy some weld daytonas?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Anyone got $2400 I can borrow? Those are Sa-WEEET!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cruizer said:
Do you have weights fo rthe wheels?
Will these be lighter than the Buell XB setup?
Can they be converted to a chain drive?

Cruizer
Marchesini Vs. V-Rod

V-Rod front with 2)11.5 rotors- 26lbs
Marchesini Front with 2)12.6 rotors- 15.5lbs

V-rod rear with cush drive, 11.5 disc- 28.5lbs
Marchesini rear with cush drive and 9.6 rotor- 15lbs

Marchesini Vs. Buell
Buell Xb front wheel-9.8 lbs
Marchesini front wheel-7.8lbs

Buell Xb rear wheel-14.6 lbs
Marchesini rear wheel- 12.9 lbs

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
tyson876 said:
wow thats a hell of a deal anyone wanna buy some weld daytonas?
I do! I think these are awesome, but to help you, I could make those weld wheels work. PM me. Joe

·
The Hawk
3,920 Posts
Oh sure, a week after I get my Buell conversion all done you guys post up with this! Looks really good and I would have jumped on it if I hadn't already switched. Those are some real high quality wheels and brakes.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Are you f*cking kidding me :barf: !!!!!!!! I'm talking to Sandy now and we're working everything out :D

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
I just want everyone to know that I was the first to have this kit on my street bike and have helped Sandy work out the few minor bugs. The wheels have improved the performance immensley over stock. As of this moment the kit is trouble free and you'll be able to maintain the stock belt drive and passenger pegs :notworth: . I've had a few guys ride it that have 240 kits on their bikes and they said it feels like a 10-15 HP gain :angeldev: !!!!!!!!! I would have to agree :D I'll try to post up some updated pics and also I'll try to get the bike dyno'd to see if there is a measurable difference.

Here's a link to some pics of the wheels on my bike (note that according to Sandy the new kits will have Brembo rotors): http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63996

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65168

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Part of the difference in how they feel is not just that they are lighter, they are much smaller in diameter so it's like changing sprockets on the bike at the same time.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Max said:
Part of the difference in how they feel is not just that they are lighter, they are much smaller in diameter so it's like changing sprockets on the bike at the same time.

Very good point Max :notworth: It does rev a little higher at cruising speeds (5500 - 6K rpm at 75)

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Elgavilan said:
Does this setup retain the cush drive? Also, I would assume the hardware includes the correct spacers, bearings, etc.

Mike

Mike it uses the stock Marchesini cush drive and an adapter that bolts to the backside of the pulley. That's why they need the buyer to supply a stock pulley so they can machine off the backside (the 5 ears of the cush drive) and drill the holes in the pulley. If I get my bike apart this weekend I'll take some pics of it.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
I think I will be #2

1 - 20 of 205 Posts