Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what approx. AFR will the engine start knocking?I know there is alot of variables.
Curious :confused:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the RT slip-on map and didn't record any knocks.But I've added more fuel and it's pulling more in the seat of pants.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Timing, compression and fuel quality all contribute. Even though 14.7 : 1 is considered perfect it's not neccessarily the best for making power and can get you in trouble if you have a lot of timing or a batch of so so gas. 13 : 1 is usually considered to be the target for WOT for making power. It allows for more timing and usually has enough fuel to keep exhaust temperatures in check but detonation / pre-ignition could still be a problem if your fuel isn't top notch and/or you're running too much timing.

If you're just concerned about a lean condition then anything under 14 : 1 will keep you on the right side of the curve.

Sorry for the long winded reply but you can't predict detonation with just AFR.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
disable the knock sensor ,add some timming ,and some fuel,then raise the rev limit to as high as you can handel then hold the fu(k on! :twisted: add some juice then you need to change a bunch of things with the fuel system.add a turbo and it's the same thing.the factory motor can be uncorked and tuned to be a bad ass motor scooter! :kaz:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm working on it.I keep adding fuel.and it seems to run better and better.There is more power 5g and up(than the ST PC map) and I haven't got to tuning that yet.I think the ST map was to rich.because the motor sounds better.and it keeps resonding to my tuning.
I'm not picking up any knock now.So why would I wanna turn it off?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are all you guys running a 2 into 1 collector set-up? I was told by Steve from V-mod that the supertrapps make the most power. Getting mine punched tp 80ci from
v-mod any info would be helpful. I'm currently running 16ga. SE pipes that have been
v-modded. Thanks loo forword to hearing from any body terry r

ps

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
terry r said:
Are all you guys running a 2 into 1 collector set-up? I was told by Steve from V-mod that the supertrapps make the most power. Getting mine punched tp 80ci from
v-mod any info would be helpful. I'm currently running 16ga. SE pipes that have been
v-modded. Thanks loo forword to hearing from any body terry r

ps
Yes they are a 2-1 pipe.They are equal length.I had the ST's before the turbotecs.I can truly and honestly say they have alot more power than the ST's.
Are they working on the BB now?if so what stage are you going with?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Posting a repliey first time on this web.but I'm doing the stage one bb kit from chopper Steve He is only 1.5 hours from my house. Maybe next winter I will fiddle with it some mor ie. cams/head work later terry r

he is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts