Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under some peoples mod list it says vmods. I am familiar with the vmods site, and some of their products, but what mod would they be talking about?

The reason I ask is because I just picked up a VRSCA with under 4K and I am gathering parts. (cams, TB, filter, exhaust, PCIII) but I have no idea what vmods are when they list their mods or dyno numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
V-mods are stock pipes with the inner baffle removed to make them flow better, louder, and make a little more power.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a screaming chicken exhaust which is soon to be in the trash. I thought it may be the pipes, i read that how to last week, but wasn't sure.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Which Screamin'Eagle exhaust? If they look like the stock pipes then don't throw them away unless they are really banged up and rusty. They are a very desirable pipe and people have been getting good money for them even if they have been used. Post them for sale in the classifieds if you think they are in good shape.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are mint.... I'm not going to throw them away literally, but they are coming off. I just hate the sound.

Bike is mint, pipes were dealer installed in 2002

Plans are-
Tab side exit slip on's
SE stage 2 cams
larger hrottle bodies
K&N filter
PCIII

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Yep, those pipes of yours will fetch a decent dollar around here.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Take a broom handle and see if you can slide it down those pipes until you hit the 3rd volume. If not then you can take a small pipe and push in the deflector plate that forces the sound through the baffle or drill it out and the pipes will be louder. In my opinion the Tab's are obnoxiously loud and not the best looking (they are just exhuast tips for a truck/car and can be bought through Jeg's or Summit for 1/2 the price).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts