Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

If I lower my Rod 1" front and back (new fork springs and new rear shocks), will I need to replace or modify the kickstand so it doesn't fall over - or is 1" not that big of deal?

Thanks!

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
You will feel more comfort leaving your bike with the frontwheel full left. It wont tip over but it's just more angeled. I could not stand it and bought a second hand jiffy and shortened that.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I've been lowered front/rear for years, un-modded kick stand and never a problem

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Just slammed mine 1 1/2" front and rear. No problems here, just be mindful of where and how you park.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
You guys must have wonderbikes.. happened i scared the $hit out of me when the bike roled a bit forward..more upright it can happen the jiffy wont lock... the jiffy shortened wase just a winter job,. had to mod somthing

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
You guys must have wonderbikes.. happened i scared the $hit out of me when the bike roled a bit forward..more upright it can happen the jiffy wont lock... the jiffy shortened wase just a winter job,. had to mod somthing
Don't park and leave it neutral. :stilpoke: :D

·
Back in Black
2,577 Posts
Depending on what year bike you have I have a kickstand that has an inch cut out of it. I have done this on both bikes. Is it needed no. I feel much better knowing I have it and feel safer in certain places I park that I would not park without it. Pm me if you are interested in one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts