Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I have been making and keyless modules with an independant accessory switch. The Digital Guard Dawg Relay is an option.

This module replaces the keyed ignition. The run/stop switch will power the bike.

You can either set your alarm to auto arm, or if you don't have an alarm, then you can get a Digital Guard Dawg relay to give you passive protection to your bike.

I still have a few left, but I will no longer be making them. It takes up too much time. It takes too much effort to coordinate all those suppliers, and I would rather ride.

I have 5 harnesses made up. They will go for $89 each.

I am sitting on 2 Digital Guard Dawg Relays. I can put them on the Keyless Harness if you wish to go that route. They retail at $149.

The entire setup would cost about: $248 plus $8 shipping and handling.

Let me know if you are interested, by emailing [email protected]

RJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
will take one - PM sent

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How it works.

The keyless harness is a pair of Relays. Once installed, all you have to do is flip your run/stop switch and hit the starter, and you're off.

When you park, flip the run/stop switch to the stop position. Then walk away. The digital guard dawg relay will not allow power to the motorcycle at all unless the RF ID Dawg Tag is in proximity. So if you're not there, then no power goes to the bike at all.

If you opt not to use a Digital Guard Dawg relay, then just remember to set your alarm every time you get off the bike. You could switch the bike to AUTO ARM and it will arm 30 seconds after you kill power to the bike. The Drawback to this, is the lights and fuel pump will still prime if you flip the run/stop switch. The bike won't run, but you can run your power down and leave you stranded.

These modules also have a remote location switch for the accessory circuit. If you have your accent lights hooked up to the accessory function, like I do, then you can push this button and they will still work.

The install instructions are located here. Link. These will include everything you need to install the module, except a pair of wire cutters, strippers, crimpers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am interested. However, I need to know what I would need. Hopefully you can assist. I have an '03 with stock security, no siren but will be getting this. I want to be able to just press start without keys...Ever! Do I need entire set up or what? Please help!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Allright RJ:

If you are telling me with my no-mechanical self that I can install the DAWG and Harness Kit myself, with out much hassell, I want the kit. Please advise and I will send an e-mail

Charlester

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turner1968 said:
I am interested. However, I need to know what I would need. Hopefully you can assist. I have an '03 with stock security, no siren but will be getting this. I want to be able to just press start without keys...Ever! Do I need entire set up or what? Please help!
If you set your bike to auto arm, then the only 2 benefits of adding a digital guard dawg is so that 1) no one can flip your switch and run down your battery while you're away from the bike. 2) You'll just need to hit your factory key fob twice to enable your bike. With the digital guard dawg, you don't need to use the alarm. Just walk up to the bike and flip your switch and go.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oldfox said:
Allright RJ:

If you are telling me with my no-mechanical self that I can install the DAWG and Harness Kit myself, with out much hassell, I want the kit. Please advise and I will send an e-mail

Charlester
Review the instructions Link Here and let me know what you want to do.

RJ

·
Registered
318 Posts
RJ:

Read thru all of the instructions, to be honest I got a little nervous with the need of the heat gun and prying the wires loose. You know how you had to hold my hand thru the killer glass install.

I really want this dawg kit, just don't know if i can do the install

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oldfox said:
RJ:

Read thru all of the instructions, to be honest I got a little nervous with the need of the heat gun and prying the wires loose. You know how you had to hold my hand thru the killer glass install.

I understand. If you make it out to the rally, we can put it in together. It's really not all that bad.

RJ

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
oldfox said:
RJ:

Come to KC and Ill install it for you. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Smoothie

whats up.. You think I can do it, You know I be messing some things up. I want it bad

Talk to me, You knou you and RJ I respect tremendously and will follow your lead

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
This is one mod you will love- and if RJ quits making them you'd better grab them now!

Thanks RJ, this is still one of my favorites.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
By far the best mod I have done. With the great How to RJ put together a caveman could do it. I know I did.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
oldfox said:
Smoothie

whats up.. You think I can do it, You know I be messing some things up. I want it bad

Talk to me, You knou you and RJ I respect tremendously and will follow your lead

RJ's instructions are very good and he even has pictures. It does envolve crimping of wires, and heat shrinking. It will also involve cutting off your stock ignition. If this sounds a little scary come to the rally and we will put it on for you. This is a very nice mod, I love mine.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks everyone:

I'm going for it. Probably take the heat shrink and heat gun and burn the darn bike up. But I am going to get it.

All heck, this means the bike will probably be on the lift stand for another three months knowing my abilities. I thought by this Friday I would be finally riding after 2 years. But here we go, lets hope this new project does not add several more months of down time.

RJ count me in. I will send an email to arrange for payment. I want the whole ball of wax

Thanks again everyone

Charlester

1 - 20 of 115 Posts