Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, today I finished my install with the keyless mod from RJ and the Daug security. Everything connected fine and I ran my test. The test went well. Went I put the bike in run, everything lit up just like the directions stated. I hit the start button and low and behold the bike started. So everything is connected fine.

But when I went to turn the bike off I couldn't completly. When I took the bike out of run, the engine turned off like it was supposed to. However, there was nothing I could do to turn the guage lights and the bike completelt off. It remained in the position of being able to be turned on if I put it on run and hit start.

My simple question is how do you turn the bike off completly. I know how to stop it from running, I just don't know how to turn it off completyly, gauge lits and all. And I pressed the buttons on the guard dog and nothing happened.

How do you turn this bike off completely . I ended up having to pull the maxi fuse out just to turn the bike off

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have not gotten the system yet, but did you try moving out of range of the fob? Just an idea.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Move Away From The Bike. Only the fob knows you are there - when you move away, it should shut down.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not tried that. But if that is the case, that is just down right deep. In fact, scary as hell. I am going down to the garage to give that a try right now

·
Registered
52 Posts
The on and off switch will turn the bike off. It does not matter if the key fob is near the bike or not. You need to check the wiring to the on and off switch on the handle bars to the DGD.
David

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAvid:

You are correct and thanks so much. RJ called me and he sorted out the problem for me. I stupidly had my accessory button/switch on. It was a matter of pushing it off and every thing works the way it should

·
Registered
52 Posts
You will find that it is one of the best mods we can do. I have to use my alarm just so I feel confortable leaving the bike and not turning the key. Unfortunatly I get on the bike without turning off the alarm and it goes off. I will get used to it someday. Enjoy the ride!!
David

·
(Peter)
489 Posts
Check with RJ. I think you must have something wired wrong. I installed this some time ago, and it works perfectly. One of my favorite mods. RJ was great with answering all my questions. In fact when I ran into a problem at the end and PM'd him about it, he went out of his way to track down my home phone and call me within about an hour of my PM. His input got me going in a matter of minutes. I can't thank him enough for that. He went way above and beyond, and I got a great ride that day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pday:

You are so right about RJ's customer service. HE called me from the KC Ralley and told me my problem and it was corrected in 2 seconds, I had the accessory button on and that was my mistake. One push and it was rectified,

This is my second purchase from RJ with his products and the guys devotion to his customers is amazing. Anything he is involved in I am in on, without question. I really like the care and concern he offers

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Oldfox,

Glad you got it fixed, and I apologize for posting about something I don't know anything about (obviously).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts