Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get one of these to move the key from the 'old' location to either on the engine or the new position. I don't want to buy one withe the UE tank kit.

Thanks

Kev

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Maybe UE will "split" a relocation kit from a tank full kit for you. Nice thing it maintains the locking seat setup.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Have you looked in the "How To" section? VRodMike put together a very nice writeup with part numbers for relocating the ignition to the front of the frame, a-la R's, DX, AW, SE2.

CLICK THIS, if you're too lazy to get there on your own. ;)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a great write up and the cost of his parts were $165 USD.

Here is the UK price, or rather Jersey HD (which is the cheapest)

This works out at $375USD :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

I emailed the tank people but am still waiting for a reply.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Or get the whole tank kit including the key thing for $400, change out with the next rear tire!

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Its a great write up and the cost of his parts were $165 USD.

Here is the UK price, or rather Jersey HD (which is the cheapest)

This works out at $375USD :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

I emailed the tank people but am still waiting for a reply.
Vrod-mike has P/N 71405-06 for Ignition Switch. Is P/N 70020-05 the same Ignition Switch as 71405-06?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Admiral Nelson,

If you want the parts, for the HD relocation, you could always order them from Zanotti or Hales, have them delivered to Sharkey, and he'll forward them to you.

He's done it in the past for others overseas.

Just sayin.

RJ

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I have the UE kit and never used the key stuff....I went keyless. If I am not too late...I can look and see what I have and sell you mine. I am in Germany so I can ship it up there no problem...

PM me if you want and I will get back tonight with what I have. Bracket, set extension and wiring...

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
OK - it appears I have the whole kit. You need to trim a piece off the ignition switch. I already attached the extended seat latch release to my old seat latch and will throw that in so you don't have to mod that. How does 50$ shipped sound?

I also have the Harley relocation ignition from the a fore mentioned thread. I do not have the bracket though...that would have to ordered extra if anyone is interested in that. I do have the 2nd key as well. 50$ shipped.

Attachments

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
i think you missed a couple threads :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts