Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy kellermann micro1000df for my dx. Do i also need to purchase the load-independant indicator for them to work properly

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
I assume you are replacing the rear. if you still have the stock bulb for the front, most likely you'll get away with no load equalizer. when you change both front and rear with LED then you'll definitely need one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Please post pics when installed. I'm looking at the black, smoked ones for my DX.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Please post pics when installed. I'm looking at the black, smoked ones for my DX.

Will do...waiting for my custom fender to b done so looking at about 3 weeks. Have alot of stuff coming in...figure I'd do it all at the same time.

Andy yes ur right. Front r stock but will be putting 2 wrap around LEDs on each fork. Wondering them how many load indicators I'll need then for the front combos.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
you just need a set (left and right) for the whole system. i think biketronics has a plug and play kit for vrod for $60.

I use 2 6ohm 50w resistors on my 03 and 08. It is way cheaper ($8) but requires splicing wires and proper mounting location.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So to clear things up...to have them all function with my front wrap stormed..2 sets on each front fork like spinedocs (4 total) in front which will function as running lights and as indicators with my two kellerman rear indicators I'll only need say...2 eclipze module?

Eclipze module at the bottom of link

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=635

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you just need a set (left and right) for the whole system. i think biketronics has a plug and play kit for vrod for $60.

I use 2 6ohm 50w resistors on my 03 and 08. It is way cheaper ($8) but requires splicing wires and proper mounting location.
I believe I posted a diagram of this same solution a year or two back. Very easy DIY for under 10 bucks!

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
you only need 1 pair of that eclipze module. it should work for 4 LED wraps (2 each side) for front. for your kellermann rear, no need to have dual intensity (no running lights).

note that module is NOT a load equalizer. you still need a load equalizer, since you wont have any stock bulb in your system.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the input Andy. Appreciate it. Now I'm trying to decide between mounting the rear lights on the shock bolts or drilling into the side of the fender.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You just need 1 load balancer. If you go the DIY way make sure you have the resistors well ventilated and not touching anything important. They do heat up.

-Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts