Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on another thread in regards to getting the new mid contrl setup for my dx and it's on order but I would like to keep the front feet forward pegs without controls of course. It looks like all that would be needed is the spacers on each side to take up the gap from where the control arms come out. Probably get some made but does anyone know where or if someone has already gone that route and you can just buy them? It would be nice to have it for a highway peg to just streach the legs every now and then. Thanks for any ideas or sources.

·
VRSCDXA Owner
459 Posts
Check out the D model this had highway pegs with the mids as standard. I don't have the part number to hand at the moment but will let you know if I find it.

·
VRSCDXA Owner
459 Posts
FOOTREST SUPPORT HIGHWAY PEGS (2)
Part No: 49135-06

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
barnabylee, is the 49135-006 by chance black. one other question since I can't find a photo of this part. These will slide into the hole where my stock forward controls are removed from then the footpegs from the forwards fit this clevis. Is that correct? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photo question

Here is a photo of the part that would be reomoved. The current clevis that holds the footpegs runs thru the inside of the brake as in this photo and has a bolt that holds it to the frame on the other end. Same for the shifter. Does this clevis 49135-06 replace the current clevis and you run the bolt down on the end and just mount the pegs removed? is that how I understand it? I was planning to just get a spacer that same length and inside and outside diameter made but heck this part would be much easier, maye a few bucks more but easier for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
better photo's

as you can see from these two photos, the cap screw runs thry the mounting end of the clevis at the frame and the other end holds the pegs. The plam was to just make a spacer the same length and inside diameter of the brake and shifter arms but if the clevis p/n 49135-06 is shorter and uses my pegs I would rather go that route.

Attachments

·
VRSCDXA Owner
459 Posts
The parts are black and they are a direct replacement for the forward controls. If you check out the parts for sale in the classifieds there is a picture of a pair for sale as mentioned earlier.
As for length, I think they are about the same.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I searched quite a ways back. What or when is it listed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VRSCDXA Owner
459 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stevel, you wouldn't know how to find that thread would you? I had no luck. Thx Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks stevel!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the mids on

Since I had to remove the swing arm to change the right side motor mount out I had a local indy do it for me and he did the swap for less than 150.00, I am happy. Anyway, I love the change, feels like a race bike now! If any body knows of anyone wanting the forward controls have them check on ebay, they are listed and even have a Joke brand shift linkage rod which is much better than the oem. Just wanted to let all know the fit is great so far, no complaints.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts