Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you! That beloved Revo engine is to be envied!

If they could only get one on my Road King Classic it wouldn't vibrate so much at stoplights.:chair:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
Let me tell you! That beloved Revo engine is to be envied!

If they could only get one on my Road King Classic it wouldn't vibrate so much at stoplights.:chair:

That's the problem with the A/C bikes. They vibrate so much it's annoying. I guess if you've never ridden anything else you won't know any better, but once you get used to the smoothness of the REVO I don't know how you could ever ride anything else.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
That's the problem with the A/C bikes. They vibrate so much it's annoying. I guess if you've never ridden anything else you won't know any better, but once you get used to the smoothness of the REVO I don't know how you could ever ride anything else.
The rubber mount A/C bikes only vibrate at idle. It does vibrate the crap out of you at lights though!!!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jetgod said:
The rubber mount A/C bikes only vibrate at idle. It does vibrate the crap out of you at lights though!!!
:them: :them: :them: :them: :them:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Lil you remember the guy who sold his vrod for a road king and then bought it back.........?:)

Good luck Darling !!!!!

and I'm not being a smart butt:deal:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VrodG said:
Lil you remember the guy who sold his vrod for a road king and then bought it back.........?:)

Good luck Darling !!!!!

and I'm not being a smart butt:deal:
Don't think I did not consider that long and hard when making my decision. I want to ride and the V was not being good to my knees anymore. I will make this work. I'll also dream of the day when they can make my RKC look just as she does wth a Revo engine in it!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
Don't think I did not consider that long and hard when making my decision. I want to ride and the V was not being good to my knees anymore. I will make this work. I'll also dream of the day when they can make my RKC look just as she does wth a Revo engine in it!
It's coming :deal:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VrodG said:
I thought it would be this year, EPA regs will hit again in 2010.
When you wrote it's coming I thought you meant my getting rid of the RKC. That is why I hit you. I take it back.

Now, we all know about dealer talk....
The next HD revo will be a dresser of some sort because the fairings make radiator integration easier than any other style motorcycle they currently make. There is also tremendous call for it.

I heard somewhere that the 96 cubic inch engine had airflow changes in it to help keep up with emissions standards

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I believe on the 08's they introduced the same rubber mount used on the Revo's. Seems like I read that somewhere.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
They run pretty lean form the factory to meet emission, so between now and 2010 we'll see the change.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
vrodderD said:
I believe on the 08's they introduced the same rubber mount used on the Revo's. Seems like I read that somewhere.
They did add something to the 08 models to stop the excessive vibration on the TC 96. You can see it on the front of the motor. I have an 07 TC 96 and it does vibrate some at red lights, but I kind of like it. :angeldev:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I might give up!

I may sell my 2007 DX for a RKC or an Ultra like Lil did. I love the look and power of the Night Rod Special, but I do want a Bagger. I drove my friends Road King, and I like the way it handles, soaks up road bumps, seating position, etc. I researched here about fairings, bags, shocks, but I doubt I can turn my DX into a Road King Type bagger. Am I wrong? I am a new rider, this is my first bike (bought the DX a few weeks ago , used). I can only afford one bike, what do you say? RKC? Street Glide? Ultra? :helpme:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Detroitmister said:
I may sell my 2007 DX for a RKC or an Ultra like Lil did. I love the look and power of the Night Rod Special, but I do want a Bagger. I drove my friends Road King, and I like the way it handles, soaks up road bumps, seating position, etc. I researched here about fairings, bags, shocks, but I doubt I can turn my DX into a Road King Type bagger. Am I wrong? I am a new rider, this is my first bike (bought the DX a few weeks ago , used). I can only afford one bike, what do you say? RKC? Street Glide? Ultra? :helpme:

I added the following functional mods to my 05A model. HD hard bags, Corbin seat, Progressive 440 shocks, a Wind-Vest shield, 6000k HID light, and a Rick's Tank. Not to mention all the chrome thingies :). I think the bike is now a very capable Sport/Solo tourer. However if I was going to do a lot of touring or bringing a passenger along, then I would need a Road King or something in that class. The cost in parts was approximately $2000, and I did the labor. Having it done by a pro would double the cost. I like the RK's myself but I love my VR. :)

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Detroitmister said:
Make sure to spend a bit of time with the folks in the V-Rod Baggers Forum here before making any decisions http://www.1130cc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86. Ask them every question you can think about. The V is a wonderful motorcycle and you should give very strong consideration to your decision. Also, I would pick one of the rides you mention based upon my own impressions from riding them. Test ride, test ride, test ride. They are each unique and only you can tell what you want to ride. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Detroitmister said:

IMHO, Everything that a Road King, Ultra, Street Glide or Road Glide can do; a V rod can be made to do better.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
:them:

And faster.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
Detroitmister said:
Hey man...there are plenty of low cost saddle bags, biker buddy systems, and luggage racks out there that you can outfit your bike with to meet your needs. Does not have to cost a fortune just really depends on what you want or are willing to use. Those Cortech bags are about half the price of the HD bags for example.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts