Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to thank Kerri (Nightmare) for putting together such a great event at the Dragon. Attached is a picture of RNTRacing riding a wheelie for the crowd there. Damn showboats. :rofl:

For any that have not seen it yet, this is a break down of the schedule for KC

Wed will be a day for registration. You should be able to register all day. There are no group events due to people arriving but I'm sure there will be plenty going on around basswood. Scubarod (Steve ) also mentioned setting up the karaoke machine Wed night for those that want to try out as a star. All day if you like we will have maps of local points of interest you can ride to and even ride some of the test roads the guys from the plant use daily to test bikes.

Thursday morning will be the tour of the factory. We will try to take people in groups of 20-30 to the plant with the first group leaving no later then 9:00 am and the last groups leaving no later then 10:30 and have them depart every 15 minutes or so. For those that make the early groups Harley will have coffee and doughnuts. I think they will be setting up the tent out front again and doing burgers and dogs for lunch for the group as well and we can take the annual photo then in front of the plant around noon. I also hear that several of the engineers will be making the trip to KC to meet with us so if you have any questions it's a good time to get the scoop first hand.

Thursday afternoon we have KCIR race track rented starting at 5:00 pm. We will have maps at basswood and prefer that people go in small groups to avoid crossing KC in large packs that time of day. KCIR is about 25 miles from basswood. We have the track rented for just v-rods all evening so you can make as many passes as you like. Black Cat has an event set up to class people and there will be some small award with bragging rights for those that win the classes. Last year we departed KCIR at around 9:30 and several groups went back together, traffic was not as bad and people made a night of it, most stopped to eat on the way back at some place.

Friday is a day at Basswood this year. We will be doing our own get together and bike show. Registration for the bike show will be no later then 12 noon. That means you have all morning to get the bike ready. Each bike will be judged by all members so no single judges will determine the bikes this year. They will be classed by model and of course all out customs. Were going to try to fire up the grill and do some imitation dogs and burgers for the group during the afternoon and of course around five the group will move to the party barn from the pavilion area for I'm sure some liquid refreshment and social gatherings. We also will be bringing good sound recording equipment and a DB meter and Friday we will be doing every different kind of exhaust we can to give people better ideas before they buy in the future what these really sound like side by side.

Saturday morning will be the trek to Gails in south KC again. Okie proved in the past the earlier you get there and the cooler the air is the better chance you have to win the dyno shoot out. We would like to leave as a group for Gails no later then 9:00 AM. It takes almost an hour to get the bikes to Gails and the dyno shoot out takes the rest of the morning and early afternoon. Gails usually has a band and puts on the feedbag for us so you may be getting sick of dogs and burgers by this time but free is free.

We usually depart Gails around 2:30 PM for the 100 mile group ride back to Basswood in which we partake in some lovely Kansas back roads (did I say lovely)? Really it is some of the best back roads I have seen in that area and Danno and the guys did a great job staking it out. We finish stopping down by the river for a quick photo op near Leavenworth prison. We should arrive at Basswood around 5:00 pm to start the BBQ which we have catered in at the party barn. Trust me it is some of the best KC has to offer.

Saturday night we do a little closing, a couple of thank yous and of course Rob does the give away drawings. We have some really nice stuff to give away this year so you won't want to miss any of this.

I hope that gives you a rough guide of what we will be doing for the rally this year. Jeannie won't be able to make it so I'm hoping Brentley can show up to do photos again, he did a great job last year. I'll have my camera of course but Jeannie complained last year that all I got was pretty woman shots.

Hope to see you all in KC and lets make this a safe event so keep safety in mind and lets slow down and look out for each other. There will also be some maps of some of the roads that the plant guys use to demo bikes every day. So you will get to ride the roads that hundreds of new bikes get tested on. Really they are some of the best riding in the area.

Max

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Thanks for getting me all psyched up again way too soon for it. This is gonna be awesome! I can't wait to meet and personally thank all the key players in setting all this up!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Looking forward to it Max, bummed I won't make it for the tour but hey better a day late than not at all. See everyone there.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
:dance: :dance: :dance: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
I'm all packed and ready to go. I can't wait.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
SawDawg said:
I'm all packed and ready to go. I can't wait.
How cute! Packed already?!?!? LOL....

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
How cute! Packed already?!?!? LOL....
Hell he is only bringing his beer bong and a clean thong. :hidesbeh:

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
So much to do so little time left!! :banghead: And the best part, heh heh, I still have not received my exhaust yet!:D

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I just wish I could make it there for more than friday night :( the wife and I are going to try and get there as early as possible friday and leave late as possible saturday though

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I have no plan on how I am getting there or where I am gonna be staying! I do know it sounds like a good time. Even sleeping under the stars. How many times do ya think I am gonna have to stop with my 2 gal. tank?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
I have no plan on how I am getting there or where I am gonna be staying! I do know it sounds like a good time. Even sleeping under the stars. How many times do ya think I am gonna have to stop with my 2 gal. tank?
a lot :deal:

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
If your tank was made out of E4340 and you used E85, you could go there and back twice on a 2gal tank. At least that is what me and Scotty, my European engineer are designing, but not til next spring.:hidesbeh:

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Last year I had 1 V-Rod and it took a shit the week-end before we were to leave, so I had to ride my Road Glide. This year I'm not taking any chance of not having a V for the trip, I have bought up every spare V I could find just to make sure I have a proper ride for KC. Lets all pray that 6 V-Rods will not break at the same time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts