Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Use the same BBQ guys at another KC Rally?

• Definitely

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Nope, try someone else

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys doing the cooking asked me what we thought. I told them I would ask those that ate the BBQ and let them know. I told them the true answer lies in whether they would be asked bacK. What do you think? If we rally in KC again, should we have them back??

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, you must have been hungry!! 57 people replied they were coming and actual members turned out to be about 40. I invited all the Basswood personnel to join us which probably brought us to about 50. When I set it up, I told them to cook for 70 to ensure we had enough. When all was said and done, there was less than a half a pound of beans left and very little potato salad. That's it! I asked them to total up what they brought and this is what they gave me:

68 lbs of whole brisket
32 lbs of pulled BBQ pork
72 lbs of baby back ribs (9 racks at 8 to 10 lbs)
20 lbs of BBQ beans
15 lbs of potato salad
12.5 lbs of cold slaw
1.25 gallons of BBQ sauce

That equals 172 lbs of meat (pre-cooked). 47.5 lbs of side dishes. 1.25 gallons of sauce and two loaves of bread.

I'd say everyone enjoyed it but I thought I better ask.

·
4,638 Posts
Vroom ate almost all of the beans....Poor Mrs Vroom.... :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan:

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vals_SportySon said:
That was good eats! I helped eat the rest of those beans for dessert! Next time I think we need some summer-time pies.
Good call dude! I didn't think about pie. I'll add that to the list.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
Very good food. I think I must have eaten a pound of the pulled pork.

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
The BBQ was good but I have gotten spoiled by NC BBQ. It might have been better if Danno didnt use all my BBQ sauce :stilpoke: Just kidding I didnt mind sharing.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattj said:
The BBQ was good but I have gotten spoiled by NC BBQ. It might have been better if Danno didnt use all my BBQ sauce :stilpoke: Just kidding I didnt mind sharing.
Damn Matt!! I thought we were brothers!! You know, my BBQ sauce is your BBQ sauce....... :D

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
I was seating next to Ricky G, he had 8 racks of Ribs, and The Beans, well I moved after the first plate...The Feed was Great, The Chefs worked all day on the meal, Nice Fellows...but the cost should be shared....Thanks Danno, and Max...

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Agree, Bill! We need to figure out how to pay for these things without it coming out of Danno's/Jack's/Max's pockets next year.

Food was EXCELLENT, Danno. Jamie, you pie-hound!

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Forgot Jack....KCROD "Thank You" for everything, You all made it a SUCCESS...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts