Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, number four is officially in the record books and what a time it was. I wanted to make a brief post and let everyone know that I have hours of film and hundreds of pictures to go through and will try to post them as I can. I know the first Rally was very special for a lot of people but I'm not sure how we can ever top this year. There are so many people to thank for so much time and effort in making this one a great event that I don't even know were to begin.

Harley Davidson Motorcycles -- unlike any company I have ever seen they proved that it really is more then just about making a bike. The list of people to thank in the MOCO itself is just so long I don't really know where to begin. So Ray, Yalcin, Tyson, Rob, Chris, Ken and the hundreds behind the scenes thank you from me.

My good friend Jeff Hoover -- Jeff we miss your presence, brother, but you have got to have the biggest heart of any man I have ever met. Even when you couldn't make the event you didn't let that change the original plan. Thank you.

Danno -- That's four, brother, next year the stogies are on me.

RJ -- I would have been lost without the hundreds of hours you put in behind the scenes not to mention your own expense to make this so special. I owe you big time, brother.

The entire Project V group -- Rob, Mike, Morgan and the crew. You always go the extra mile, this year was nothing short of perfection on your part from start to finish. Thank you.

Mike and Sandy -- You two went the extra mile, I know it was a lot of work and I know the members really appreciated it.

*******- Man that cajun cooking, you missed your calling in life, I'm telling you. You spent a good part of your week cooking to make others happy and it truly was appreciated. Did I mention how good yellow fin tuna is? Ummmm

3OliveMartini and all the ladies in the kitchen -- Wow is all I can say. You ladies went above and beyond I wish I had the words to begin to show my appreciation for all the work you ladies did, not to mention the good eats. :)

Cupcake and bikerbabe24/7 -- You both served double duty as host and the bike show. Thank you both so much for the help and all the smiles you created.

Eagle HD -- Thanks Paul and Elvis for coming out to make the event. Your a special group and you make it so enjoyable to be around.

Gail's Harley Davidson in Kansas City -- Gail and the entire crew at her dealership prove that there are good dealers out there. They keep setting the bar higher each year, truly they go the extra mile for us.

Basswood -- I know as guest that we can be a bit trying at times, thank you for having us yet another year. The cage match was a hoot, when I saw the chain link fence around the TV I about lost it. :)

The members -- Each and every person that took the time to come out even if just for a day it was again great to see old faces and meet some new. I really can't think of anyone that didn't help this year from scubarod with both the PA and another year of great cobblers to Mike P who was a gracious recipient of this years coveted trailer queen award.

Thank you all, really.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Great post Max! I appreciate the efforts even though we weren't able to make it this year.. Next year for sure (just need to not injure anyone before the rally :D)!!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
And I want to thank you Max!!! I just kind of fell into owning a V-Rod and I could not be more happy with my bike. And after finding this forum it's made me even more happy! I can't thank you enough for creating this wonderful place that gave me the chance to meet some wonderful people (and it gets me thru my days at work) The little chance I had to talk with you, I can tell that you are as good of a person as anyone would figure from reading your posts! I look foward to going to the 08 rally and seeing you and everyone else there again.

Thanks again Max! and Thanks to everyone that helps me and others on this forum! :thumb:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
358 days and counting!!! :hidesbeh:

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Max, even as good as you thought it was you could never imagine the compounding effect of Ginger and I going from having our bike only three weeks last year and not knowing a soul, to this year after reading about and conversing with people over the past year and feeling more a part of this great little group. I am abolutely beat and all I did was play. I can't wait untill next year. I'd be happy to help more next year. Wish Jeannie our best, Bart

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
You realize no one is watching and a certain someone is probably doing a another burnout where they shouldn't...

It's always so great to see everyone. Seeing Ray take his own bike apart to give others parts that they needed to keep going thru the rally- heck, he didn't finish taking one part off before someone needed another. A real class act- at least he got it running for Saturday night :D

So many always jumping in to help others.
Met many new faces this year, missed seeing some old ones.

If you never made it to a rally, you will never be able to understand how this group is so special.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
I can't even begin to type what a fun time this week was!!! I am just beside myself at how nice and kind and FUN the people of this forum are! It is so great to put faces and voices with names :)

I could go on and on with thanking people, but I will get to thanking each of them in due time.

However...Max, you are one in a million. I hope you are beginning to know just how much I admire you, and love to be in your company. You are one of the greatest, most amazing men I have ever met. Thank you for giving your time, effort, and heart in this rally, even if it needed to be elsewhere.

We are all so thankful for you, and for allowing this event to occur!

I can't wait for next year....and can't wait to see Mrs. Jeannie there as well :)

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
I am with all of them!!!!! Can't wait for next year. Like Jeff said, saw some new faces, and missed some regulars. I was talking to other members about how cool it is that they come as far as they do. I know with a family and a busy life that around Sept. my 3 weeks of vacation are about gone. I was thinking how difficult it may be for me if I had to travel 1500 miles and take a week off work to go to a small bike rally and it really makes me appreciate what alot of you sacrafice to come hang out with some friends and new people that share a common interest. Thanks again and can't wait until next year Max!!!

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
The first was certainly special but the other 3 were no less memorable. Got to visit with old friends, meet new friends and reminisce about those that just couldn't make it this year. Lots of happy faces. :mrgr: I wish we could do this once a month!!!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I sure hope I can attend next year with Elrod. He always has such a good time. Max, we all know how much you have on your plate at this time and you still insure that everything goes on. Thank you so much for that. We all know that your heart and thoughts are with your lovely bride. You are an absolutely wonder and kind hearted man. thanks again for another great event. Give Jeannie a big hug from the forums.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That is fantastic guys...I am going to make next year's sounds like everyone had a blast!!

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Max A Big "THANK YOU " again....but you are right...The People make the Forum....Lots of new faces and people sharing their talents and time... Lots of Great Eats TOO!!!! Rally #4 is in the record book....It will be tuff for Rally # 5 to top it... But Sharon and I will be there .... Thanks Again...Bill A.K.A. "BOOT HEEL BILL" Troy knows what that means!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Thank you

Wow, what a great time! I would also like to thank everyone for putting together such a terriffic event. We had such a good time! I can't wait for next year, and would like to help out in any way possible. V/R Joe & Ann

·
SOLD
3,118 Posts
It was great seeing everyone again. This was my second rally in a row and I cannot imagine missing any in the future. Thanks Max and everyone that put this event together.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tcvrod said:
Missed you guys , looks like yall had a great time .

Craig
Craig we missed you brother and our hearts go out to you right now. Call me if there is anything I can do.

·
"Keg Security"
3,428 Posts
Max said:
Craig we missed you brother and our hearts go out to you right now. Call me if there is anything I can do.
:them:

thinkin of ya brother!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts