Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to find out what the majority of employees feels is their favorite Vrod in the VRSC line??

How do they feel about the Street Rod getting the axe?

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
I am curious to find out what the majority of employees feels is their favorite Vrod in the VRSC line??

How do they feel about the Street Rod getting the axe?
The 2002 VRSCA is still my favorite and will likely always be. It is the bike that got me off of crotch rockets and on a Harley (although the new 1125 Buell has caught my eye:D ). The R.........hmmmm. There are some passionate R owners on here so I don't want to put the model down. My likes were the fat inverted front end, it brought a much needed and loved Brembo brake system to the platform and a set of spoked wheels I liked. My thoughts, if I am going to have foot pegs hitting my in my shins and calves, and be in a more agressive riding postion I don't want it to be on a 120 hp 600plus pound bike that is a foot longer then the longest of sport bikes. You can't just put inverted forks and raise the ground clearence of a bike and say it is more sport bike. The thought was nice and had my full support but needed a whole different chassis. The 07's really started to win my heart over with the new colors and black out components. I think it will be missed, but somthing may have been learned from it and refined down the road.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Oh and I will answer for Tyson. The DX is his favorite since he copied off the company and black his bike all out just like the DX:stilpoke:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray thanks for being honest!!!....do you see the Night Rod Special being produced more then just 2007&2008? Was that bike ever suppose to be limited??

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Ray thanks for being honest!!!....do you see the Night Rod Special being produced more then just 2007&2008? Was that bike ever suppose to be limited??
Way over my head, they don't include us on those projections and even if they did I couldn't talk about them. My personal opinion is that since it is a raging hot seller right now they will continue to build it until it is not. My personal opinion is also that just like the 02 everyone was tired of seen all anodized bikes going down the road with no individuality so they had to mix it up after the 100th. The DX is all black and looks like the guys next to you (either Denim or Gloss Black) and since you bought a blacked out bike to get away from chrome there is limited customzation and P&A that you can do to set yourself apart and it too will get old.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
i agree with ray, but he is still gay

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
Hey, this is a cool Q&A session with Ray. I'll join in.

Ray, what do you feel is the long term future for the VRSC platform and when do you think we might see a Revo based bagger? I know you can only state your opinion but feel free to give us what you can.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
This is :eek:fftopic: I just saw the show (again) on the discovery channel at the factory. I forget, but, who is the guy with the forums T-Shirt??

·
Registered
203 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
Way over my head, they don't include us on those projections and even if they did I couldn't talk about them. My personal opinion is that since it is a raging hot seller right now they will continue to build it until it is not. My personal opinion is also that just like the 02 everyone was tired of seen all anodized bikes going down the road with no individuality so they had to mix it up after the 100th. The DX is all black and looks like the guys next to you (either Denim or Gloss Black) and since you bought a blacked out bike to get away from chrome there is limited customzation and P&A that you can do to set yourself apart and it too will get old.
On the DX...

maybe but that is like saying you can only do some much with chrome. Black is black and chrome is chrome. I agree to an extent but eventually you will see some more creative after market parts and definitely some more wild paint. We have seen a few DX's here with ghost flames and the like that really set them apart from the standard DX.

I think they will really start to look fresh after people start doing different color tins. I think white would look crazy and I am sure some other colors would look wicked with the blacked out components.

Never underestimate a Harley owner and what they can customize. :moped:

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Biker Bill said:
This is :eek:fftopic: I just saw the show (again) on the discovery channel at the factory. I forget, but, who is the guy with the forums T-Shirt??
I believe that's none other than Mr. Ray himself. :notworth:

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
CaptClose said:
Hey, this is a cool Q&A session with Ray. I'll join in.

Ray, what do you feel is the long term future for the VRSC platform and when do you think we might see a Revo based bagger? I know you can only state your opinion but feel free to give us what you can.

Hey Ryan good to hear from you. Not that I have the crystal ball of V-Rod future, but I am not sure what is happening there. If the forums is the voice of the HD customer then I would say that the request for a V-Rod bagger has been made strong and for a while now. My guess would be that they don't want to intrude on the other touring sales. If you are Chevy you don't make a Camaro for 25K that out performs and is more desirable then your 50K plus Corvette models (thinking that there is alot of mark up on the Vette). The V-Rod has a well defined niche in HD'd platform now. It is Sport Cruiser. Nobody can deny that the V-Rod it a layed back somewhat comfortable crusier with the power of a semi serious sport bike. If you look at the Cost of a 1200 Sportster Custom and a Dyna Superglide it is a toss up of should I spend just dollars more and get into a big twin bike or stick with a high end Sportster. I am sure each of the models steal customers from one another. I have heard the cry for a VRSC bagger time and time again, but until marketing feels a need for it and a place for a Sport Touring bike I doubt it will surface. That is just my opinion like you stated.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Pondo said:
I believe that's none other than Mr. Ray himself. :notworth:
So thats Ray... Didn't look gay to me... But then again what do I know. What does gay look like?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Biker Bill said:
So thats Ray... Didn't look gay to me... But then again what do I know. What does gay look like?

Ray & Tyson both work at the factory. I think they have a little lovers quarrel going on. :D

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
dreemweaver said:
On the DX...

maybe but that is like saying you can only do some much with chrome. Black is black and chrome is chrome. I agree to an extent but eventually you will see some more creative after market parts and definitely some more wild paint. We have seen a few DX's here with ghost flames and the like that really set them apart from the standard DX.

I think they will really start to look fresh after people start doing different color tins. I think white would look crazy and I am sure some other colors would look wicked with the blacked out components.

Never underestimate a Harley owner and what they can customize. :moped:

You are right and I shouldn't have set those limits on the P&A catalog and what people can buy from drag specialties. There are many talented people here that can make the bike what they want. Hell there is a guy in my dept. that has a DX with a fat roadking style headlight and what must be 24" apes on it at work. Not my style but definately not like tha DX nect to it. I was just speaking from the experience with my first rod and how much work it was to set it apart.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Bill I was branded gay here a while back. I am not sure how it happened but it did. I haven't told my wife and kids yet but I dress nicer and I now longer call things yellow or pink. I use adjectives like Sunflower Yellow and Salmon Pink. I am sure I can find that thread for you.

Nobody offers to share a cabin or tnt with me at the KC Rally now.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Ray & Tyson both work at the factory. I think they have a little lovers quarrel going on. :D
I know, I'm just playin. Isn't this Tyson?:hidesbeh:

NOW, This looks gay to me !

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
I thing it was Pondo's poems!!!

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I know, I'm just playin. Isn't this Tyson?:hidesbeh:

Bill I am not sure where that picture came from but rest assured it will be printed and hung in Tyson's work area before the week is up. Awesome.....just awesome!!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
He posted them here himself!!:eek: Glad I could help torture a fellow line worker!

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
you guys know me and ray if we aint fightin were f^%$ing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts