Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
its safe to surf
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change my pipes soon ,which is the better Filter to go with? K&N OR SE?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Davidn I think that the K&N and SE are really one in the same just one has the HD logo so add extra charges for that.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Wait till you see my new setup Max!:eek: It's really the closest think to my Race setup,but for the street!:diablo: Hopefully my Photo guy will hook me up today if he has time.:cool:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The SE is a K&N and under their licensing agreement K&N can't sell it direct for a certain period of time. If it's become available in a K&N box then there are dozens of discounters who can order it for you but if you go to Hales (www.haleshd.com) or Chicago HD (www.chicagoharley.com) you can get them all day for $51.96 + shipping. I recommend Hales, you have to call them but it will be at your door in 3 days :) Chicago is notorious for not stocking anything V-Rod so add another 7 days.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Kaz,
Is that set up the one we talked about over the phone?
I'm still waiting on material to machine the stacks I want to make.They are gonna be bada$$.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I did the tank mod"all by myself!;) "and have the Velocity stack filters and breather system on.It looks really mean with my new Rear Peg setup I had Water Jetted and Polished, and my Chrome struts and Polished Fabricated chain guard!:icon_twis .I'm gonna Hate to tear it ALL apart for Phase 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!:sinister:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I gonna make(tankmod) mine adjustable.1/2-1 1/2.Get your camera man over there and snap some pics.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I went as tall as possible with out hitting my Water Temp Gage!:eek: It limited my space but still worked out Cool!:cool:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
:thumb
I've been in a procrastinating mood the last couple of weeks.Must be that seasonal depression syndrome thingy.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'm just getting started,but now I heard my track opens back up the middle of January!Best air all Year so I might hold off new engine till I go back to the track in Good Air!!!!!!:fahr38

·
Registered
284 Posts
The HD SE filter is a K&N. Mine came complete with K&N plastic bag in the SE brown cardboard box.
So much for buying OEM.
I would have purchased the K&N is it were available, but as per MJW930, it's not available here in Oz due to the HD contract. (My dealers information).
I paid $200!!! Australian sheckles for mine, so no wonder I wanted K&N as opposed to SE. (Christ I hope the wife never finds out. She noticed the Zodiac indicator mirrors yesterday!!!:eek:)

Best wishes everyone.

Ken

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Ken - didn't you tell her Santa brought those...

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's what I said about the Power Commander and Vance and Hines Power Shots! Santa can only carry so much!
(I did buy her a lounge suite though.)
Best wishes mate.

Ken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts