Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of us addicted to Chrome K & N Make a CHROME oil filter for our V-Rods. Part #KN-174C.

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=KN-174C

K&N powersports oil filters are ‘TUV’ product endorsed and ‘TUV’ factory production monitored. This means every K&N oil filter is equal to or will exceed all OEM specifications. Our filters contain a modern synthetic filter media, designed for ultimate flow with less pressure drop, yet engineered for outstanding filtration to meet or exceed all OEM specifications. All K&N powersports ‘spin-on’ oil filters feature a heavy-duty metal can with a 17mm nut affixed onto the end that allows for easy installation and removal. The 17mm nut is crossed-drilled so racers can safety wire the filter to their bike. [MORE]

KN-174C Product Specifications
Product Style: Oil Filters
Height: 3.858 in (98 mm)
Outside Diameter: 2.98 in (76 mm)
Anti Drain Back Valve: Yes
Weight: 0.8 lb (0.3 kg)
Product Box Length: 3.25 in (83 mm)
Product Box Width: 3.25 in (83 mm)
Product Box Height: 4.25 in (108 mm

Frank

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Chrome?I thought it would be painted.Good for the chromoholics,Bad for High performance.
That filter is gonna hold more heat than a painted one.If you ever get the chance to see a profressional race car/bike.Look at it very close there will be no chrome.And if there is,It is someing that won't hinder performance of the drivetrain.
It probably will capture more particles than an oem.
just my :2cents:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Sweet find Frank, thanks so much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have used K&N oil and air filters on my other vehicles for years. They really do a great job. The nut on the end of their oil filters makes removal a snap. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I guess I am the only one that wonders, how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Frank do you have a url or number from who you purchased your filters.

Max

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Max said:
Frank do you have a url or number from who you purchased your filters.

Max
Max,

I purchased them from a local company called Mean Cycles. The owners name is Juan. Him phone number is 305 255-5770.

Frank

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Frank Storms said:
Max,

I purchased them from a local company called Mean Cycles. The owners name is Juan. Him phone number is 305 255-5770.

Frank
Oh, so no local stock and the dealer is passing the shipping costs on to you. Maybe someone will have some stock @ bikeweek.

I also found this site that lists them but until they open I have no idea of their stock levels. http://www.proformanceusa.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts