Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I searched back and found this. Sounds good.

The Kansas City plant has an open house September 10th and 11th. It is a scheduled HOG event that I plan to ride to. Apparently they will have the HD and Buell demo fleet there and the traveling museum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went to the open house last year, not a bad event. You don't get as good of a tour of the plant as you do during a normal visit due to the crowd.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Okie there had been several members that mentioned a plant tour earlier this year and I for one would still like to see something along these lines setup.

Max

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is their state HOG rally also. This needs to be THE v-rodforums get together of the year. It's centrally located and our place of birth. Tour the plant, state rally,can anyone up there set up a dyno shootout? That might even draw some of our west coast brothers, and we could finally sort through the bs on whats what and give prizes?. Someone find out if thats doable, and how much it would cost us as a group.

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
OKIE said:
This is their state HOG rally also. This needs to be THE v-rodforums get together of the year. It's centrally located and our place of birth. Tour the plant, state rally,can anyone up there set up a dyno shootout? That might even draw some of our west coast brothers, and we could finally sort through the bs on whats what and give prizes?. Someone find out if thats doable, and how much it would cost us as a group.A tuner with any sense would jump on this at 20$ a run and stock up on RTs and PCs.
Maybe even a dealer would be interested.
we have a huge ride this saturday "putt for mutts" like a m.s. bike ride type thing, put on by gail's harley davidson, who btw, HAS a dyno.....

I'll ask some questions this weekend and see what we can do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree OKIE !!! KC Harley Davidsod Plant : THEE V-Rod Forum get together of the YEAR!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I agree it could be a really big thing, maybe we need a poll to pick the best time for members as to get the maximum number to commit.

Max

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Wouldn't it be an incredible sight to see 50 or more V-rods rolling back to the mother ship in one large group? I'm in! I live in the southern KC metro area and will volunteer up my garage for anyone that needs to pull maintenance or make repairs while up here. I'd also be happy to do some legwork checking out hotels for those coming in from out of town.

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
Danno said:
Wouldn't it be an incredible sight to see 50 or more V-rods rolling back to the mother ship in one large group? I'm in! I live in the southern KC metro area and will volunteer up my garage for anyone that needs to pull maintenance or make repairs while up here. I'd also be happy to do some legwork checking out hotels for those coming in from out of town.
DITTO !!!
I think I live just a couple of miles from danno, so my place is open too!

MAX can you set up the poll thingy?? I'm not ready to figure it out right now.....

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Max said:
I agree it could be a really big thing.

Max
Can I recommend that we put an 'ad' up on the VRodForums home page if we want to make this our 'Official 2004 VRodForums.com Rally'???

Great time to give out (sell) tshirts, stickers, patches, etc. I still need mine!

Just a thought... we might pull in some folks who have missed this thread for whatever reasons.

Maybe even a mass email to all members? Heck, 2k+ members, I'm sure we can double the attendance at least!

KARAF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts