Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2004 V ROD VRSCA
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Ducati was definatly a love hate relationship! Never started when I really wanted it to because the battery was always drained just enough to tease me but never put out! Had it just over 4 years. Rode it 2000km. Spent more time with battery problems to be honest than riding it. Paid $12500 CAD 4 years ago. It had 16500km on it and just traded it yesterday for the 2004 VRSCA with 41xxxkm. If I were to buy it it would be around $10000 with taxes.

Having some traders remorse only because the Duc was done right up with everything but the Ohlins suspension. Alot of money spent, thankfully not by me. But the 1 hour ride I had on the V ROD was probably more enjoyable than all the riding I have done on the Ducati. All 2000km lol!!!

Just looking for opinions if I made a stupid trade. For riding I made the right choice, because I am a newer rider. The V ROD surprised the shit out of me how well it handled for me. The Duc I couldn't corner worth a damn. I guess being so high up made me nervous to lean. But the V ROD cornering was like butter. Im 6 feet 260lbs.
I'm feeling pretty happy with it but still a bit of question. V ROD is great shape for the year. Lots of chrome, stage 1, 240 tire, and the obvious add ons, and custom painted body work which was nice touch and looks good. Sorry to bore you with the post just looking for others opinions !

Thanks All and hope to be part of this forum!!!

Attachments

Registered
VRSCAW 2010
You made a great deal! VRod is clearly a whole different world compared to racebike-like Ducati. I bet a lot more relaxed ride for a guy of your size. Much better than those racy "squat bikes"馃檪 they are better suited for shorter riders or speeds high enough to give riders wrists an easing lift.
VRod with that low meters on the clock should give you plenty of fun for years.
My first bike is a VRod 2010 and what a nice ride she has been.
Welcome and have a great time here and with your VRod.

Registered
Always nice to welcome a fellow Canuck. Lots of great info here. Whether is was a good trade or not, it is done and you have a V-Rod now. Don't look back and enjoy your new ride. These bikes are pretty bullet proof. Not many major issues. Read up on some of the smaller problems. Rear breather hose always cracks and leaks a bit, common issue and easy fix. Might want to check brake and clutch fluids. Good idea to flush and change fluid every couple years. Enjoy the bike for what it is....

Registered
Nice trade I really like all that chrome! I think you will be very happy with the VROD. Well all but those U-Turns! LOL I love mine and will only consider another VROD type bike with the new REVOLUTION 2 motor. Other then that VROD will be the only bike I will ever buy again.

Premium Member
I have a 2010 1098 streetfighter and had a similar experience, after the first to years the Ducati only had 6k miles and still only has 6700miles on it now. I now own two vrods with over 35K miles (my miles) since then. I loved the Ducati on the track but changing clutches ever 800-1200 miles got old, Bought my first Vrod in 2012 after it stranded me in Butte Montana. Looks like the one you have is dressed nicely - congrats on the new bike and welcome to the group!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts