Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 59 yr old biker that came up with a Vrod on a trade and the Little Lady feel in love with it so we kept it and sold her StreetBob.
It is a very low mileage 2003 Anniversery with all the chrome goodies and bags too.I have added floorboards and a 5gal fuel tank.
The thing is a smooth fun little bike.
My personal rides are a 1972 FLH that I have rode for over 30yrs and my daily driver a 2011 Victory CrossCountry.
We are from Southern IL and ride mostly in the tristate area.
Hope to make some friends in here and learn a few tricks

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
Welcome AND the "little lady" knows her bikes thats a good woman

·
VRSC est -03
3,092 Posts
Respect & welcome!
1976 1200 shovel in my ownership thru 30 yrs too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're riding it wrong. ;)

Welcome.
She don't ride it hard very often. We have lined em up with me on my Vic (102hp 120TQ) I can get her off the line and into second but soon as she hits 3rd she is gone.
I have did some changing on it to make her happy.Mainly taking forwards off and putting on Floorboards.The UE 5gal tank is nice too but it was a CHORE to get installed.Only thing I wish it had a cruise control.
Hope she can keep many yrs of use out of it without much trouble.
Will post pics soon

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome and congratulations on the new V-Rod!
Thanks but the Vrod isn't that new to me.We have had it for almost a yr now.I have had it tore down to install a UE tank kit and have done floorboard kit on it.that and some repairs like the fuel pump.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the boards.

Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome brother. Don't you ride hers or you're going to want to ditch that airhead. I've ridden airheads since I was 16. Rice, limey, Harley... These V-rods are a whole different animal. Y'all enjoy. And Welcome, these brothers know their stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts