Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to putting the new left-side frame rail on the B today after the incident with the gravel and stone wall.

Its not rocket science. Remove foot peg/shifter,remove shift linkage,remove kick stand and spring,then remove 2 top allen bolts and two bottom ones,wiggle,move a wire harness out of the way and there it is.

Well didn't quite happen that way. Wouldn't seperate totally from the main frame at top,sooooo..I took a rather largr flat blade screw driver to help persuade it,wrong move! The screw driver slips,and guess where it ends up? Smack into the radiator :bash: dripdripdripdripdrip goes coolant. My son and I stare at each other in disbelief. So I look at the service manual to see whats involved to remove and I just got frustrated and pissed off and put the effin thing back together and called the green lizzard to make a damage claim,told them about the stone wall thing and how the radiator got a gouge in it from a branch :) and she took all the info and said they'll have an adjuster call me monday,my deductable is $250 just about the price for a frame rail.
Went to my local dealer and let him know about it,they'll pick it up tuesday morn,and said it'll prolly be down a couple weeks..sighhh at least I have the Norton to ride.

Brother Dave is right..real motorcycles don't have radiators. :moped:

·
Registered
731 Posts
What a remarkable coincidence! You were very fortunate that that screwdriver went through the exact hole that branch made. Lucky boy.

Phatass

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Those New Radiator set ups take FOREVER to get, I know, I went through it. 3 weeks I think it took.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The screw driver slips,and guess where it ends up? Smack into the radiator :bash: dripdripdripdripdrip goes coolant. Called the green lizzard to make a damage claim,told them about the stone wall thing and how the radiator got a gouge in it from a branch :)

Hi I'm the regional green lizard claims adjuster..........not!

Wow I have days like that...hope everything works out.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope it all goes well for ya in the end!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts