Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting.. Today when the '08s are supposed to start hitting the dealer floors, I go over to my local dealer in Carrolton Texas and see not just one but two '07 DXs on the floor and ready to sell. For the past year, they have been very hard to find and even if you did, they were in the box still..

Something odd with the way they just showed up in the last two days. I wonder if they were hording them or something :wazzup:

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Yuma, AZ has several DX's. Of the 10 or 15 new bikes they have that is a pretty good ratio.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I havent seen one in my local dealerships around. Gover and F&S said they cant even order them anymore, this was 3-4 months ago. I guess Mid-Ohio has or had one. I bet the owner was hording them at his house waiting for the good ole supply meets demand! Sad to say it will work.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rspencer1218 said:
That's strange. I've hardly seen any new V-Rods there let alone DX's.

Yea I know!! I almost fell over when I saw the first one on the floor.. I was like, wow is that an '08 and then quickly realized (by the paint) it was an '07.. Then when I was walking out, they had one outside too sitting by the door (that shows how much I was paying attention walking in :D)

They also had a brand new '05 VRSC SE (I think that is what it was).. orange..

Not sure but it makes no sense to me.. Oh.. BTW.. they aren't dropping the price on them.. so I wonder if they are trying to capitalize on that color scheme not being made anymore and they had these in storage or what.. I asked a month ago if they had any and they said they didn't.. In fact, when I bought mine in March, they said they had 2 coming in May/June a denim and a vivid.. they were both sold and they didn't expect anymore...

Anyhow.. thought it was interesting.. they are supposed to call me when they get the '08s on the floor.. :blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Sounds like my dealership, I still think they have all the 2007's in crates cuz there hasnt been anything newer on the flor than 2006. Maybe I should go by there and see. This is a dealership that Also NEVER lowers the price, always MSRP.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
luxlamf said:
Sounds like my dealership, I still think they have all the 2007's in crates cuz there hasnt been anything newer on the flor than 2006. Maybe I should go by there and see. This is a dealership that Also NEVER lowers the price, always MSRP.

What you expect you live in HIGH rent district! HAHA

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got my DX about a month ago after I saw they had just gotten one in a couple days earlier. They told me that they are alotted so many new bikes and they stagger them out through the summer so they are always getting new ones in. They had a couple "new" '06 Vrods on the floor, too. They were 13 something.
I think it does seem funny that a dealer would still be getting '07s in this late in the season.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
DEMAND is what controls SUPPLY my friend pacanis! Plain and simple.

·
Brian
136 Posts
I had never seen a dx in person until recently. They got one here at local dealership, I've rode around looking to see one at several dealerships. Now its sitting at the front door (Taunting me) every time I go in there . Its been there for about a month now. Pictures don't do it justice.:notworth:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Dealer Show Started Monday And Goes Through Wed. Harley Ships Bikes All The Way Up Until Last Week. That Is Normal And They Do That Every Year The Same Way.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ohioVROD said:
DEMAND is what controls SUPPLY my friend pacanis! Plain and simple.

Well, I demanded one in March.. Cash in hand.. could only find one place in the DFW area that had (said they had) one..

So.. not sure Demand controls Supply in this case.. :lamer:

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VRod RS said:
Well, I demanded one in March.. Cash in hand.. could only find one place in the DFW area that had (said they had) one..

So.. not sure Demand controls Supply in this case.. :lamer:
Well yes and no. Nothing u can do when your factory cant keep up.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I was at Ocala Harley this evening and saw 2,at just over 17.They also have another X,#1019 for 21,3.It had some options but not the chrome.There were a couple other new 07 V-Rods and some used SE's in the parts display area.

Maybe these dealers are getting NOS from other dealers that don't know how to sell a V-Rod.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
512 Posts
The factory must still have stock somewhere in a distribution warehouse.

At what point do they stop making 07 and start 08`s???

There are still 05 built brand new Street Rods in dealer stock here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I was at Ocala Harley this evening and saw 2,at just over 17.They also have another X,#1019 for 21,3.It had some options but not the chrome.There were a couple other new 07 V-Rods and some used SE's in the parts display area.

Maybe these dealers are getting NOS from other dealers that don't know how to sell a V-Rod.

Elrod on the V-Rod
I stopped by the Ocala dealership on Saturday and saw 3 vivids but the guy told me he had 4 DX's... maybe a mistake on his part but was suprised to see that many on the floor. I ordered mine through Gainesville and waited a month and a half. But oh it was worth the wait!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I love the DX from all angles until I see that aircraft carrier sized rear fender. It even dwarfs the 240 tire. I'd look at trading up if it weren't for that. Although I'm sure it would look super hot if and when people start filling out that enormous fender with a hugeified rear tire.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lelandeod said:
I love the DX from all angles until I see that aircraft carrier sized rear fender. It even dwarfs the 240 tire. I'd look at trading up if it weren't for that. Although I'm sure it would look super hot if and when people start filling out that enormous fender with a hugeified rear tire.
You can put a 260 on there without any mods and it looks much better.. I'm just waiting to use up the stock tire before I upgrade mine.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
lelandeod said:

:them: :them: Looks like a Duckbill Platypus's nose to me. I love the bike dont get me wrong but the rear fender would be a must to fill up with nothing but tire!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same thing happened to me bought an R and then a month later showed up at dealership and two DX's sitting on the floor. Was told they were ordered but people who ordered could not wait and bought something else. Traded in my R that day and took home the vivid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts