Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WTF?
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit down on a 08 DX Vivid/Pewter today. I would have preferred the orange stripe but the dealer told me it was too late to change the color. I dont know if that is true or he is too lazy to do it. I also had the choice of getting a 07 for $1200 less but figured I would stick with the 08. It wont be here until September sometime. I am trading in a 07 RoadKing that I have not been happy with since I got it. I traded a 03 VTX1800 and a 01 ZRX1200 for the RoadKing. It will be nice to get the rush back that those 2 bikes gave me. I have a feeling its going to be a long wait.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Congrats!!! You're gonna LOVE it!

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
best lookin dx out there. the orange is just way to much. the silver i wouldnt mind having.. i might have mine panted silverish.

·
WTF?
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
Congrats on the new bike.

BTW: Where in NJ are you?
Shamong/Tabernacle area. I am about 1 mile from the forest fire off of Rt 206 that they have been talking about on the news. It is still not under control. I smelled smoke all last night but not so much today. Hopefully I wont get evacuated.

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Yep, probably too late to change the stripes

My 2008 VRSCDX is due for delivery in October and my dealer said up until around the third week of August we could make changes. After that, what he orders will be locked in. My dealer's first VRSCDX allocation was a denim black with vivid black stripes and no ABS and couldn't be changed. That's why I'm going with the second allocation to get vivid black with pewter stripes, security system, and ABS. The wait is killing me, especially since I put the Dyna up for sale.

GPG

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
beavis said:
Shamong/Tabernacle area. I am about 1 mile from the forest fire off of Rt 206 that they have been talking about on the news. It is still not under control. I smelled smoke all last night but not so much today. Hopefully I wont get evacuated.

You're not that far from me. After you get the bike you should meet up with us. We have a great group of guys that ride together.

·
WTF?
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
You're not that far from me. After you get the bike you should meet up with us. We have a great group of guys that ride together.
Sounds good.

and thanks to everyone for the congrats

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Congrats!!!! I think the pewter will look great. Besides, down the road you can always change the colors on the skins :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's your money, get what you want. I changed colors on a Buell a few years back, frame and sheetmetal. If they won't change it, get your money back and go somewhere else. Just to be sure, check other dealers policy about color changes if it makes you feel better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts