Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first HD almost 2 years ago(Heritage Classic 03). Loved the Vrod(I think is art in motion) then but friends said I would just kill myself on a Vrod(being an old auto racer) so went with the big v twin. Love it but have always admired the Vrod. My local dealer had a left over silver/black 03 with Screaming Eagle exhaust and Gold Key at a price I could not refuse, so negoiated a compromise(Living Trust did the job) with my flustered wife who thinks that I have gone completely around the bend at my age(63) and here I am. Love it, except it has stalled at idle about a dozen times in 3 days. Original gasoline is about gone(been in the bike probably since production date of 7/03), so almost empty and am hoping that fresh fuel will take care of. Flange service fix has been applied and Screaming Eagle download was done. Just ordered heel shifter from Vmod.com :vrod: as left foot has been banged a few times and toe shifting is tough.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Congrats on the puchase good to know the v-rod is appealing to the younger crowd and welcome to the site lots to learn and money to spend :laugh:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum sxrxrnr, glad to have you here with us. There are a few cases of reported stalling but with fuel that old it can't help any.

Max

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome, I think there are a lot more older v-rod owners out there than most people realize. I'm 56 and still have a "high-performance" need! My v-rod stalled several times when I first bought it. I found that i needed to rev it up close to 2000 rpm to eliminate the problem. The 28 tooth sprocket seems to make a big difference also. Good luck and happy riding!

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
:welcome:

Lot's to learn here :broke:

There are several threads on the stalling issue. My dealer conducted an idling problem trouble shoot and fuel flange recall at the same time and I haven't had any problems.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome, Enjoy your :vrod:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mines stalled a couple times on me as well. It's only got 800 miles on it. Has only done it when warmed up/hot. Kinda weird in that it wasn't in gear. Had just started it, it idled for a couple seconds, then just died. Like I just turned it off. It's only happened twice though, so I don't see it as a problem. And, it hasn't happened since it had around 450 miles on it.

I'll do a search on those threads those.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats on getting everyones favorite bike.. And welcome to the forum. Lots of useful stuff here, you will love it. :ride:

·
Registered
47 Posts
:vrodforu: Glad to see more V-Rod owners on here to share their experiences and info. Hope you love it as we all do on here!! :goof:
~Heather~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts