Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if im whining....but im flat out pissed. Nobody at my local stealer seems to give a shit about anything. Im in northwest jersey and one of my local dealers is O'tooles harley. There story is simple...an old school dealer with an old school mentality. They seem to know less about my bike then I do. They certainly know less then more then half the guys in this forum.

I go there looking for some help, guidance, and direction then all i get is we only sold 4 of those things...we don't know much about em'...were not sure what you can or can't do, blah blah blah blah. I guess i would like to walk into a dealer and find someone that is truly happy to be there and as excited about helping me as i am about being helped.

Anyone know of any dealers that may fit the bill in north jersey, or even within 2 hrs...it would be worth the ride.

Needless to say I just had them send out my entire front end "calipers,fork sliders,triple trees,drag bars,rotors,clamshell housing,light bucket, and all switch housings to be chromed. I'm going with the Kuryaken turn signal mirrors. whole job with labor is $1700.00 if im being robbed just tell me...i can handle it.

P.S. this Fu%^&N forum rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
The following dealers I know have sold plenty of V-RODS. All within your 2 hour travel time. I got my V-ROD from Prestige.

You can try Kosco Harley-Davidson/Buell

1149 Route 23 South
Kinnelon, NJ, USA 07405
(973)838-8800
(973)838-9155 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.koscoharley.com

or Bergen County HD:

124 Essex Street
Rochelle Park, NJ, USA 07661
(201)843-6930
(201)843-0384 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.bergenharleydavidson.com

or

Prestige HD:

207 Route 9 W
Congers, NY, USA 10920
(845)268-6651
(845)268-6658 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.prestigeharleydavidson.com/dealer.htm

or

Jim Moroney`s HD:

833 Union Avenue
New Windsor, NY, USA 12553
(845)564-5400
(845)567-8322 (fax)
Visit our Web site
http://www.fasthog.com/

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
russojerry said:
Nobody at my local stealer seems to give a shit about anything. Im in northwest jersey and one of my local dealers is O'tooles harley.
I'm sure it is frustrating to have a dealer that exhibits this sort of attitude. And unfortunately, dealerships like this are not unique. I have heard, from people who really should know about this, that some of the dealers in the New York/NJ area can be a little "rough around the edges." And there are some dealers who just don't seem to get it when it comes to the V-Rod.

My best advice to you is to do the following:

1) Call or write to the Dealer Principal and let them know you are dissatisfied with the way you have been treated since buying a V-Rod there.

2) As soon as you receive your Customer Satisfaction survey form, fill it out, detailing the poor treatment you have received at your selling dealer. A dealers "CSI" (Customer Satisfaction Index) is used to determine allocation of hot selling bikes.

3) Look around for another dealer in your area who is more accomodating and/or friendly. I'm sure there are some forum members in your general area who can point you in the right direction.

Please don't let your poor experience with your dealer interfere with your enjoyment of your V-Rod.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
vroddrew said:
I have heard, from people who really should know about this, that some of the dealers in the New York/NJ area can be a little "rough around the edges." And there are some dealers who just don't seem to get it when it comes to the V-Rod.
It`s not just NY/NJ that has this problem. It`s nationwide. :2cents:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
agreed tbag. worldwide likely

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellows..Tbag have you had good experiences at the dealers u listed above.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
russojerry said:
Thanks fellows..Tbag have you had good experiences at the dealers u listed above.
I have dealt with Kosco HD and Prestige HD. Customer Service was always good. I have only heard positive about the others.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Frustration is alive and well here in Canada too. My stealer told me to take my bike to a dealer 7hrs away to get the fuel recall done, because they didn't have the time or the tool for doing the job and didn't feel like buying the tool cuz they don't feel they would use it very much. How's that for service. PS. I have 1 of the 2 Vrods in the whole area, they don't like these bike much. :banghead:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've had a good experience with:

Harley-Davidson of Essex
168 Bloomfield Avenue
Bloomfield, NJ, USA 07003
(973) 748-2500

Didn't give me any $hit about V-Modded pipes or the Power Commander, nice guys in general (I dealt with John in Service). Been there twice, first time they fixed a coolant leak and an oil leak, the second time they did the fuel flange recall, another coolant leak and now waiting on a replacement instrument cluster (a water spot on the inside). John liked my V-Modded pipes so much he asked me where I got them so I gave him Steve's number.

The place is really easy to find too, right off of GSP.

HTH

·
Registered
130 Posts
kosco is small but the service manager,mechanics,staff and parts dept listen and have treated me very professionaly and promptly. i think that they treat all their "reasonable" customers well.route 80 or 287 to rt 23

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that price is a littler cheaper than harley's P&A but why not buy it out of the book? Harley offers almost all of the things you want and Harley's chroming is better than any of the chromers I have seen, not to mention the downtime not being able to ride.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Went over to my local dealer today in Conroe TX pretty nice guy's one of the guy's was telling me about a cool fat tire v-rod I said is the guy's name nick. you know it. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bueller said:
I know that price is a littler cheaper than harley's P&A but why not buy it out of the book? Harley offers almost all of the things you want and Harley's chroming is better than any of the chromers I have seen, not to mention the downtime not being able to ride.
It seems hit or miss with harley chrome personally i've had bubbling and flaking...and from the sounds of it in here there has been many issues with a bunch of people. Browns has a great name in the business and constantly pulls plating awards year after year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts