Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a credit at the HD dealer so I had them order me in the clear HD led taillight. I threw it on last night and I am very happy with how it looks on my vivid AW! I thought it may be too much having a big chrome light out on the tail like that but it fits there very nicely! As for as performance goes, it looks brighter than the "V" light to me. When we had our charlotte meet a month ago I rode behind Gstern and his "V" light wasnt bright enough for my taste. This one is blinding when you hit the breaks! I am very satisfied with my purchase. I'll snap some pics this evening after work.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
If I get my bike done by next week we'll have to meet at Macs and set the bike side by side. I've got to see this one. :)

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
That's the first time I've heard that the Heavycycles wasn't as bright. I can't imagine anything being brighter than my V.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
The 'V' istelf isn't that bright (but bright enough) but once you hit the brakes it's fully illuminated and blinding.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TexasV-Rod said:
The 'V' istelf isn't that bright (but bright enough) but once you hit the brakes it's fully illuminated and blinding.
see that makes me wonder if he had his installed funny... does it have several options? Could they be installed to show the v or a full led spectrum? Is it possible his never actually went to bright? That it possible went from the V to just full face of leds without actually going the extra jump in luminance?

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Beeek said:
That's the first time I've heard that the Heavycycles wasn't as bright. I can't imagine anything being brighter than my V.
:them: I've seen the HD light in the stores (not on a bike) and I don't think the HD light is as bright as my V light with the brakes on.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
myneed4speed said:
not as bright as my V I guarantee that.
that a pretty big guarantee... what if I got the "freak of nature light" and was loaded up with luxeon led's by mistake making it as bright at low beam as it should be on brake light?

hard to make big accusations and guarantee's without proof:moon:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I have the V light on mine and Vrod-Brad has the HD light on his. The V light it definately brighter. Although the HD light isn't bad considering it's half the price.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
maybe I'll just have to put that into my Signature. Worlds Brightest V-Rod Tail light.... and I am using the Phillips LED's

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
booya!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
myneed4speed said:
maybe I'll just have to put that into my Signature. Worlds Brightest V-Rod Tail light.... and i am using the Phillips LED's
bwahahahahahahahahaha

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well like I said above, i have ridden with one bike with a v light, I wasnt very impressed with the brightness of it, but like I said, what are the odds that it wasnt functioning properly? Does it have 2 modes? can you make the running light a full array of leds and the brake a brighter full array of leds? Or is the only option the v as running light and the full array is the high beam?

I had to watch myself at one time riding with george, I didnt realize he was stopping and had to do a quick double take and get into the brakes. I saw it was lit up full but it looked dim enough to be the running light. Could it be because his was the tinted version?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
myneed4speed said:
It's all good my friend just stirring the pot a bit.
thats cool, remember, your not that far from me I'll ride up and :spank:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts