Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered front and rear tires for my 02, I bought it back in April with around 10k miles on it and the original Dunlops on it! Just ordered Metzler ME880's think I did ok @ 379 for the pair?? HD quoted me 600 to drop it off for 2 new Dunlops. Anyone else with these tires like them? Can't imagine I won't like them I have been riding it with these junk Dunlops.

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
That is what I am buying come spring for my 05 VRSCB, many here from what I read buy those or the Avion's (sp)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
I just ordered front and rear tires for my 02, I bought it back in April with around 10k miles on it and the original Dunlops on it! Just ordered Metzler ME880's think I did ok @ 379 for the pair?? HD quoted me 600 to drop it off for 2 new Dunlops. Anyone else with these tires like them? Can't imagine I won't like them I have been riding it with these junk Dunlops.
BTW where did you order from? Did you go with the 200mm rear?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I'm on my second set of Metzlers. No problems!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW where did you order from? Did you go with the 200mm rear?

I ordered them from a local MC shop. Got a decent deal. Nope went back to the 180mm tire.

It's like a whole new bike with the Meltzer Tires. Much smoother ride

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I'm on my second set of Metzlers. No problems!
Metz on mine (200 in 180 rim) and love it too
I have them, had no problems like the way they handle.
You can't go wrong, best tire for the V.
I`ve had Metz on my sport bikes and on my Harley Love em.

Glad to hear everyone likes these tires. Should be on by next week. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just did the 200mm Metz like the look and the handling. Easy to install very straight forward, better to have a extra set of hands though. Did the mounting and balancing myself. Pry bars/straps and balance beads.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be having them mounted and balanced at the shop

·
Registered
117 Posts
:them:

I got 'em and love 'em

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't make my stupid mistake

Be sure to use correct inflation. I was using inflation guide in my manual instead of on the tire and cupped the front tire due to running it underinflated.

That being said though, my last set of Metzlers I got 15,000 miles on, I'm on my 3rd set and have always been happy with them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be sure to use correct inflation. I was using inflation guide in my manual instead of on the tire and cupped the front tire due to running it underinflated.

That being said though, my last set of Metzlers I got 15,000 miles on, I'm on my 3rd set and have always been happy with them.
:them:

Make sure to inflate by the tire recommendation! I went up to the Metzler 260 in the back on my '07AW stock rim! I think it runs at 42 PSI, but really smooth!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to pick the bike up after work, can't wait to see how it is with new tires!!! The only down side is the shop screwed up my rear fender.......................

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bike handles 110% better, corners with little to no effort, even feels lighter??? Glad I went with the Metzlers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts