Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done installing killerVrod forward controls, Joker Machine pegs, wrapped the exhaust and got a new tail bag.
Had some fitment issues with the forward controls. Keith went above and beyond what anyone would expect. The finished product is AWESOME and the bike is alot more comfortable to ride, I am 6'5".
The joker pegs speak for themselves, real high quality pieces.
I have a Iron Rider large tail bag that was to big to leave on the bike. I purchased the smaller bag from the local HD dealer and it is the perfect size to leave on the bike all the time.
My CFR pipe was rusting and I hated the factory heat shields. I used the DEI kit that came with 2 rolls of wrap, clamps and high temp silicone paint. I sanded the CFR and thew a couple coats of paint on it. I am happy with the results.

By paxtu22 at 2010-08-23

By paxtu22 at 2010-08-23

By paxtu22 at 2010-08-23

By paxtu22 at 2010-08-23

By paxtu22 at 2010-08-23
Ordered my Rifle windshield for my trip to Wisconsin next month
Eric

·
Chad
263 Posts
Def. like the contols and pegs. The bag...not so much. Nice bike though, but I might be biased. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put 140 miles on the bike last night and cannot believe the difference. The bike is so much more comfortable. Thanks again Keith.

Eric

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
nice wheels. i love the pegs too. if you want a little more foot room and a few more foot positions, unbolt the peg mount to the frame. turn the peg pretty close to horizontal mark the mounting position with a sharpie, remove mount, drill and tap it and reinstall. thats what scott fitzgerald did for me.

·
Chad
263 Posts
Hey how do you like the bar end mirrors? Do they actually work decent!

·
FXRT-BCH
22 Posts
I also would like to know about how well the mirrors work. I just got home from Stergis and did see Memphis Shades put three custom windshields on black nightrods--John Murphree said he used the mounting black hardware from a wide gulide kit to get them to fit correctly( they do not have a part kit number yet, but he would put the same together for anyone who needs it - his number is 805 610 9037 cell ) this looks great and runs about $250 total

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay getting back. The mirrors were on the bike when I got it and took some getting used to. They function well and after I saw a DX with the stock mirrors, I would never go back.
One a side note I mounted the Rifle wind shield and so far I really like it. Took a little bit to get it adjusted properly. I taped the stock headlight surround to keep from scratching it, denim scratches sooo easy it is ridiculous. I will get some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Eric

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mounted up the Rifle fairing and took a trip to Eagle River WI. Put over 800 miles on the bike. Some of the best riding I have ever done. The fairing and pegs made the bike WAY more comfortable.
I have been riding motorcycles for over 25 years and I have owned alot of bikes. This is by far my favorite.

By paxtu22 at 2010-09-13
sorry about the ugly guy on the bike
Ride Safe
Eric

·
Registered
583 Posts
those pegs look killer! they look alot more comfortable than my V-Mod pegs... the knub that sticks out on the V-mods makes shiftingi and braking a pain in the ass...

after riding for about an hour my lower back hurts (im 6'7")... have you made any mods to the seat or the bars?

·
FXRT-BCH
22 Posts
Mounted up the Rifle fairing and took a trip to Eagle River WI. Put over 800 miles on the bike. Some of the best riding I have ever done. The fairing and pegs made the bike WAY more comfortable.
I have been riding motorcycles for over 25 years and I have owned alot of bikes. This is by far my favorite.

By paxtu22 at 2010-09-13
Ride Safe
Eric

·
FXRT-BCH
22 Posts
I also have the CFR pipe-I seem to scrape it more offten then I would like, do you have the same problem ? I like how it did clean up the look over the stock pipes sticking out past the shocks and for sure the sound is more to my likeing, maybe not for early morning ,as two doors away is a state trooper, but he is used to the road king with Bubs. Have you done the reduced reach Bars ? I am looking at them for spring

·
Banned
14,891 Posts

By paxtu22 at 2010-09-13
Ride Safe
Eric

Ouch......Did Lux see this yet!!!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I also have the CFR pipe-I seem to scrape it more offten then I would like, do you have the same problem ? I like how it did clean up the look over the stock pipes sticking out past the shocks and for sure the sound is more to my likeing, maybe not for early morning ,as two doors away is a state trooper, but he is used to the road king with Bubs. Have you done the reduced reach Bars ? I am looking at them for spring
Loosen all the related bolts/nuts including the head bolts, install a 1/2 or spacer on the collector mount to raise it, retigten everything from the back - up. You'll get a bit more clearance. And flip the bracket to give you the most height as well. (if not already)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Possibly a dumb question but where did you get the forward controls from? I did a search for killervrod and didn't really come up with much that made sense for what I was looking for. Maybe it's just me though..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts